• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in South Africa

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Don't think it's gonna get far worse than it is ATM tbf - although can't see it having any positive effect on his batting either.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Agree entirely. This was my reaction as well. Good thing it has been confirmed as a rumour.

Incidentally, what are peoples thoughts on how the captaincy will affect McCullum's batting? I can't help think it will stifle his natural game which I'm not sure will be a good thing.
General trend seems to be that the higher the expectations of McCullum's batting are, the worse it gets. Though tbf he has turned this round a little in the last couple of years.

I definitely do not want to see McCullum batting down the order though (tests). Must stay as opener.

longtom

School Boy/Girl Captain
SABC to broadcast only one cricket match only:

Eyewitness News: SABC to broadcast one cricket match

This a a huge blow for SA cricket fans. Seeing how many millions of broadcast money gets thrown out in order to please the so called governing party (ANC), this is also hardly defendable.
Since the SABC is the TV station of the ANC this means our government gives nothing about cricket .... all one could watch is third class soccer ... :yucky:

So guys like me will depend on you to get to know about the games afterwards ..... :(:(

I think I just go and cry a little .... :blink::schmoll:

Flem274*

123/5
Was reading an article in the Dom Post (I think) that said Canterbury have a plan that nevermind the circumstances, 6/7/8 go for it. Astle has been leading the way down the order with quick 50s, playing the opposite of his usual way.

Maybe Mr Technique just needs to biff to score runs?:ph34r:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
SABC to broadcast only one cricket match only:

Eyewitness News: SABC to broadcast one cricket match

This a a huge blow for SA cricket fans. Seeing how many millions of broadcast money gets thrown out in order to please the so called governing party (ANC), this is also hardly defendable.
Since the SABC is the TV station of the ANC this means our government gives nothing about cricket .... all one could watch is third class soccer ... :yucky:

So guys like me will depend on you to get to know about the games afterwards ..... :(:(

I think I just go and cry a little .... :blink::schmoll:
That's pretty poor but it's only the T20 right? Presume tests would be broadcast.

SeamUp

International Coach
140/8 will be a testing chase at the PMB Oval.

Colin Munro 39 off 27
Kyle Abbott 4 overs 4-16

Not sure if any of you know, one of the rare FC grounds with a tree on it.

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
McClenaghan to van Zyl, OUT, clean bowled middle stump out the ground!

Possible clips of this will make the sports news in South Africa, please capture it for us if it does.