• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in South Africa

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Difficult to criticise Watling too much there to be fair. Looked like it was pitched middle & leg.

Flametree

International 12th Man
Does Franklin always bat like this, even when scoring runs for Wellington? Drawn to a lot of things outside offstump he should ignore (or try to hit, rather than push at aimlessly), and with a curtain-rail to anything straight? Watching him it's hard to see how he can be so successful at lower levels, even if the bowling is nothing like Vernon and Dale....

Second point... I think Doug would be better trying to slog Philander than defend....

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Does Franklin always bat like this, even when scoring runs for Wellington? Drawn to a lot of things outside offstump he should ignore (or try to hit, rather than push at aimlessly), and with a curtain-rail to anything straight? Watching him it's hard to see how he can be so successful at lower levels, even if the bowling is nothing like Vernon and Dale....

Second point... I think Doug would be better trying to slog Philander than defend....
When he hit a hundred here all those years back he just use to hit cleanly through the line like Mitchell Johnson does and slog sweep anything from the spinner. Batting with less conviction than Chris Martin at present.

Bracewell batting a wee bit too high.

Meridio

International Regular
Yeah, SA won't need to bat again. We might as well throw the bat now because these guys don't have anywhere near the defensive technique needed to keep Philander out when he's seaming it around.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Awesome, Brownlie got a 100 and Watling a score too. Pity he and Watling got out just before I got to see them.

Franklin can either score a proper career saving hundred (or at least 80*) here or can gtfo. No lucksacking his way to 50 while dropped three times. I know which one it will be.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Nah TT, bracewell's a genuine number 8.
You forgot the smiley :p

Bracewell still looks like a potential batsman, but a low quality one currently. A regular unorthodox tailender would play and miss and score more runs but we can hope Bracewell grows into a handy batsman.