• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in South Africa

Flem274*

123/5
hmm idk, he's not exactly a big mover forward, even if he is good on the backfoot.

i do think fringe middle order batsmen should give opening a go for their FC sides if there is space available. would be a good way to get themselves in the team rather than take on Taylor etc.

Last edited:

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
279 - 7 though. Sadly, I didn't watch the game. Either it wasn't televised back then or I didn't have Sky Sports at the time. I can't recall. A real shame not to have watched one of Fleming's best knocks.
speaking about great knocks, this one by Brownlie must rate alongside the top NZ ones

Flem274*

123/5
well played for the ton but the aerial cut just before lunch with a man back was daft. ND esque.

come on franklin show you're useful for more than the wickets column.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Who took these profile pictures? Did the photographer get them to sit on a pole or something?

C'mon Jimmy. Need some redemption here.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
He's more likely to open than Brownlie. He played alright against this same attack last year as an opener. Otherwise I can't see him staying in the team if Brownlie's in form, and both Taylor/Ryder come back.

1. Flynn
2. McCullum
3. Williamson
4. Taylor
5. Ryder
6. Brownlie
7. Watling+
I like this lineup

Stapel

International Regular
well played for the ton but the aerial cut just before lunch with a man back was daft. ND esque.

come on franklin show you're useful for more than the wickets column.
And of a ball that was 4 deliveries old.....

I was just thinking this was gonna be a proper Test, despite NZ first innings.

BTW: I figured out this morning this was the 3rd innings. I had a brief look at the score before but simply didn't pick up properly.... It was SA's declaration that made me wonder and have a better look.