• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in South Africa

Briony

International Debutant
True Aussie grit from Brownlie.:happy:

Fair to say the Saffers have been outplayed these past two days.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
To pay Brownie the ultimate compliment would be to say there are shades of Damien Martyn about his batting.

Flem274*

123/5
I suppose the thing with Brownlie is now he's earned a run, where does he bat assuming Taylor and Ryder become available for England as planned?

5/6/7 involves spin and it's still his weaker suit.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
I suppose the thing with Brownlie is now he's earned a run, where does he bat assuming Taylor and Ryder become available for England as planned?

Reckon it's bowlers who can turn it away from him like SLAs and Narine types who worry him. Should be able to handle Swann imo.

Last edited:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member

Perhaps Flynn would open again.

Flynn
McCullum
Williamson
Taylor
Ryder
Brownlie

Flem274*

123/5
Perhaps Flynn would open again.

Flynn
McCullum
Williamson
Taylor
Ryder
Brownlie
I don't think Flynn should open. He's deceptive in that he is very conservative and has an excellent defensive technique but he never looks likely against the new ball. Most of his good innings have been down at 5 or 6.

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
I don't think Flynn should open. He's deceptive in that he is very conservative and has an excellent defensive technique but he never looks likely against the new ball. Most of his good innings have been down at 5 or 6.
who does look likely against the new ball? :laugh:

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
must of been a pretty flat pitch for the us to make close to 600
279 - 7 though. Sadly, I didn't watch the game. Either it wasn't televised back then or I didn't have Sky Sports at the time. I can't recall. A real shame not to have watched one of Fleming's best knocks.

Mike5181

International Captain
He's more likely to open than Brownlie. He played alright against this same attack last year as an opener. Otherwise I can't see him staying in the team if Brownlie's in form, and both Taylor/Ryder come back.

1. Flynn
2. McCullum
3. Williamson
4. Taylor
5. Ryder
6. Brownlie
7. Watling+