• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Should runs against India be discounted in statistical discussions?

cnerd123

likes this
Usually when we talk of great batsmen, we like to analyse their records without the likes of ZImbabwe and BD included.

Well, this year so far, India's bowling is the worst going around, second only to BD.

England in India 2012-13 : India's bowling not a new problem | Cricket Features | India v England | ESPN Cricinfo

Would it be fair to say that runs scored against Indian bowling (since the 0-4 in England up until now and probably for the foreseeable future) should be given equal treatment to that of BD's bowling lineup?

Discuss.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Zaheer is world class, Ishant had had his moments the two spinners ran through Windies and NZL earlier so by this definition the records against WI and NZL should also be removed.

Stupid thread imo.

Satyanash89

Banned
I approve of this thread and agree with the suggession. But i also think then that every Indian batsman should be rated higher coz they never get to feast on the ****e bowlers.

So Tendulkar, Dravid> Ponting, Kallis. I like this :D
Dont think its any coincidence that any good to great batsman almost always has mind-blowing stats against India.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
4th test in India's tour of England shouldn't be counted. Sreesanth, RP Singh, Amit Mishra, Ishant. What a lineup. Interesting to note that Raina had the best figures.

Daemon

I approve of this thread and agree with the suggession. But i also think then that every Indian batsman should be rated higher coz they never get to feast on the ****e bowlers.

Dont think its any coincidence that any good to great batsman almost always has mind-blowing stats against India.
Ponting.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member

Lara

centurymaker

International Captain

hardly any coincidence.

-Kallis scored 3 100s in 3 tests in 2010/11, including his 1st 200
-Ponting scored a few 50s, 100 and a 200
-Cook now has scored 3 100s and a 50 in just 4 proper innings.

-Kallis hasn't had anything even remotely as good a series as that in the recent past.
-That was Ponting's only good series in his last 2 yrs and it wasn't just a good series for him but an excellent one.
-Cook hadn't had the best of yrs until he arrived in india.

Not even going to mention what the likes of Clarke, Amla did because they have been doing it against everyone.

so since around 2010/11, india's bowling has been quite poor.
It's coincided with zaheer's decline. (he missed alot of games around 2010-2011 and usually when he played he was really down on pace)

Garson007

State Vice-Captain
Every generation of a cricketer ever has had opportunities to do some minnow bashing. I think it's utterly ridiculous to discount anyone from any statistic that's gained in test matches. It's ultimately part of the package of world cricket.

centurymaker

International Captain
Every generation of a cricketer ever has had opportunities to do some minnow bashing. I think it's utterly ridiculous to discount anyone from any statistic that's gained in test matches. It's ultimately part of the package of world cricket.
yea

but the problem is that there are more ordinary attacks now than ever before. it's largely due to the quick bowlers being unable to remain fit for extended periods of time.

there's quite a bit of fast bowling talent around the world atm but they seem to spend more tests on the sidelines due to injury than on the field.

Last edited:

benchmark00

Daemon

being left handed to a batsmen is like what being tall is to a fast bowler, it's may be an advantage, but you can't hold it against them

@cm

benchmark00

being left handed to a batsmen is like what being tall is to a fast bowler, it's may be an advantage, but you can't hold it against them

@cm
If I told you that you had a nice body would you hold it against me?

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Nah, India's bowlers aren't that bad really. In India their record is at least decent. Away from home in recent times you would have a point.

Eden Gardens is a total road for the first few days, always been that way. If you want to blame anyone, blame their batsmen for failing and Pujara for dropping Cook.

Last edited: