• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Australian Domestic Rankings

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Over in the Australian Domestic Thread, NUFAN brought attention to this, an attempt by BigPond Sport to rank Australia's cricketers.

I think CW can do a far better job.

I've set up an email - CWDomesticRankings@live.com - for anyone to send in a list of their best 50 Australian cricketers at present. Votes will be accepted for current players only.

Incomplete lists will still be scored.

Points will be awarded in the inverse - i.e. 1st place votes get 50 points, down to 50th place getting 1.

I haven't got a cut-off date set, but get your votes in ASAP.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Benchy I doubt you're ahead of the SNES.

RVD, can I/others vote for 50 players if we like and you score them 25, 24 1/2, 24 down to 1?

This is going to be hard regardless.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Benchy I doubt you're ahead of the SNES.

RVD, can I/others vote for 50 players if we like and you score them 25, 24 1/2, 24 down to 1?

This is going to be hard regardless.
I thought going 25 each would be easier, but we can go 50 if that's what people want to do. In that case I'd score from 50 backwards, cbf dealing with half points.

And if people don't provide the whole 50, I'll just score down the same way until I reach the end of the list.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah 25 is easier, but I kind of like trying to judge between a Burns and Faulkner for instance. Just basically wanted to see if you don't mind if we go for 50 instead of 25 - not sure who else is going to vote btw :)

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah 25 is easier, but I kind of like trying to judge between a Burns and Faulkner for instance. Just basically wanted to see if you don't mind if we go for 50 instead of 25 - not sure who else is going to vote btw :)
Yeah, let's go 50 then. If people provide less, no big deal.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Awesome, will submit my list shortly.

Depending how he looks on Friday - tempted to slip Shane Warne into the 50.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
i'll probably post mine here to ensure i don't forget anyone
A good starting point is the 50 they picked. Oh take out someone for Nev obviously.

I just quickly wrote down 54 names and apart from 2 or 3 they picked in their 50.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I have 61 listed at the moment, but a couple should be nowhere near there.

Ordering the second half is pretty difficult.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Ranking long term injured players is quite difficult, someone like Cummins is going to be judged a little on promise for me, not on actual performance.

So many ****s have played for Australia in some format.

Jager

International Debutant
I have 61 listed at the moment, but a couple should be nowhere near there.

Ordering the second half is pretty difficult.
Yeah I've found that a lot, being an list-making enthusiast :p

Will write up one tonight or tomorrow.