Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is this for real?

Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    It is a far far better place ............ etc etc

Is this for real?

Hell of a story if true, but it can't be .................................................. ... can it?

Shane Warne says pick me to take on England in the Ashes | adelaidenow

As I said in the other thread, it's clearly a publicity stunt. The Big Bash starts this weekend and he's playing in it; what better way to get people to show up to the ground or tune on Foxtel than by giving them a bit of of Warne tease? If he's going to come out and make comments about still being up to it bowling wise at 43, people are going to want to have a look and make up their own minds.

He knows full well Clarke isn't going to ask him to come out of retirement; hell he probably told Clarke not to take it too seriously before he said it.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

State Vice-Captain
    Would love to see if he actually had it in him tbh. Can't be worse than Tahir.

Warne has become sadly such a ****. Just want to use any means to stay in the news. Sad, but he has completely deevolved from the Warne we knew..

Or did he?

International Debutant Viscount Tom's Avatar
    Would still probably be the best bowler in Aus. Ian Bell vs Warne Round 11.
    AT-XI
    #J.Hobbs; #L.Hutton; #D.Bradman; #V.Richards; #G.Sobers; #A.Border; #A.Gilchrist; #K.Miller; #I.Khan; #S.Warne; #M.Marshall;

International Regular NasserFan207's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    As I said in the other thread, it's clearly a publicity stunt. The Big Bash starts this weekend and he's playing in it; what better way to get people to show up to the ground or tune on Foxtel than by giving them a bit of of Warne tease? If he's going to come out and make comments about still being up to it bowling wise at 43, people are going to want to have a look and make up their own minds.

He knows full well Clarke isn't going to ask him to come out of retirement; hell he probably told Clarke not to take it too seriously before he said it.
    This.
    Batsman I tolerate: V. Richards, S. Tendulkar, E. Morgan, N. Hussain. KEVIN O F******* BRIEN

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Pretty sure he made similar "would do it if asked" type comments during 10/11 before Lyon semi-answered the perennial Oz spinner question.

If he wasn't asked then he won't be asked now.

Personally I'd find it more interesting if someone like Hayden, Langer, Martyn or (more realistically) Katich said something about coming back, as batting's a more galring weakness for yer crims just now.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Pretty sure he made similar "would do it if asked" type comments during 10/11 before Lyon semi-answered the perennial Oz spinner question.

If he wasn't asked then he won't be asked now.

Personally I'd find it more interesting if someone like Hayden, Langer, Martyn or (more realistically) Katich said something about coming back, as batting's a more galring weakness for yer crims just now.
    Yeah Katich still plays grade cricket, has a Big Bash contract and has just signed a county deal so he's definitely the most realistic of the lot; clearly still wants to play proper cricket at least even though he's retired from Australian First Class stuff. Unlike Warne though, Katich wouldn't even be picked if he walked into Micky Arthur's office and begged for it.

International Vice-Captain Red Hill's Avatar
    As Pews said, the BBL needs some promo. Nothing better than getting the moron journos/readers of the Herald Sun salivating with a bit of "Warne still wants to play tests".

Incidentally, took a bunch of kids from school to a Melb Stars warm up hit out at the MCG yesterday. Warnie and Viv both present. Viv is a very fit looking 60yo.

Cricket Champion! Jackpot Champion!
    As PEWS said, it is purely a publicity stunt. As always, would love it if it came true.
    ★★★★★

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    what a load of old cobblers.....
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

International Vice-Captain centurymaker's Avatar
    i think warne could still be one of the best spinner in the world, if he did actually come back and was fully committed to it.

but yea he's just kidding
    Proud Supporter of All Blacks

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Warne is becoming more and more of a clown by each passing day

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Would his new face split from the pressure and strain of bowling if he did return?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information