• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia A named

Linda

International Vice-Captain
marc71178 said:
Since when are those pressured circumstances?
Since he went in at 3/28 (like a_m said) and since hes looking to impress selectors.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
A friendly match against a second string attack is not pressure.
considering S Waughs retirement, and the bowler injuries i would say that there was enough pressure on the Australian A side, most of the team are a chance at test selection in the near future...

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Top_Cat said:
And if you take a look at the ball before it pitched and cut back, he did all of that bar 4. So what's your point?
I was referring to your previous post where you said something like 'what could he have done to not get out of that ball?'

I was just outlining for this particular ball those are the things that he didn't do, that he could have done to not get out.

THAT IS MY POINT!

Linda

age_master said:
considering S Waughs retirement, and the bowler injuries i would say that there was enough pressure on the Australian A side, most of the team are a chance at test selection in the near future...
Exactly my point. Furthur, he hasnt scored a first-class century this year, and is being looked at for the post-waugh era. He had to proove himself, and he did.

Craig

World Traveller
And if that is his only big innings, he wont be getting a stamp in his passport from Sri Lankan customs offials at Colombo International Airport.

Meaning he wont get picked for the Sri Lankan tour. I still think he is a inconsistant batsman.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Craig said:
And if that is his only big innings, he wont be getting a stamp in his passport from Sri Lankan customs offials at Colombo International Airport.
He has only had about 5 FC innings this season.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
when you hit the ball that hard, and score that fast, you may just make a few low scores....

yeah hes missed a few games due to ODI duty

Craig

World Traveller
That's not the point I am making.

I am saying if he doesnt make any more big scores he wont get picked.

Andre

International Regular
Linda said:
Exactly my point. Furthur, he hasnt scored a first-class century this year, and is being looked at for the post-waugh era. He had to proove himself, and he did.
Oh and one big innings against a very average bowling attack proves him to be a Test superstar?

Come off it :rolleyes:

Seriously, he batted well and deserves the credit he gets, but jeez, you guys just take it way too far.

Linda

Andre said:
Oh and one big innings against a very average bowling attack proves him to be a Test superstar?
No, I didnt say that.

And Im not saying hes automatically in the Sri Lankan side either, just because of this one big score.

Im saying hes prooving the selectors right when they are considering him for a more permanent position in the Aussie side, THAT'S ALL!:rolleyes:

Linda

I just had to drag this one up. Some obvious reasons for that, especially if you look at the scorecard.
I think the first ball of the match really summed it up, North slams a boundry off Streak. His innings was amazing, as was the innings of one little blonde captain ;)

I enjoy watching Tait bowl (sling) so much, he looks like a gorilla when he does, but its pretty darn quick! Catches like a gorilla too.
Cleary is world class IMO.

Zimbabwe have some definate concerns when it comes to their batting line up, too many all rounders if you ask me, theres just not enough substance. And if batsman are going to go getting injured, they are in deep trouble (as if they wernt before).

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Tait's quick but needs better control and more variety.

As we have seen recently with Brett Lee, raw pace by itself does not worry good bastmen.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Linda said:
Im saying hes prooving the selectors right when they are considering him for a more permanent position in the Aussie side, THAT'S ALL!:rolleyes:

The only way he'll do that is when he gets in the side (12-18 months I reckon)

So he was picked in the VB series squad, not to mention playing most of the TVS cup yet he`s not in the team.

Who IS in the team?

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
furious_ged said:
So he was picked in the VB series squad, not to mention playing most of the TVS cup yet he`s not in the team.

Who IS in the team?
The squad at the moment is:

Ponting
Gilchrist
Bevan
Bichel
Bracken (replaced by Williams)
Clarke
Gillespie
Harvey
Hayden
Hogg
Lee
Martyn
Symonds

Where did you get the idea he's not in the team? Only the squad has been released

Linda

He was reffering to what Marc said about Clarke being 'in the team' in 12-18 months, when he already is.