Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1151596061
Results 901 to 909 of 909
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Ross Taylor likely to be shafted from the captaincy?

  1. #901
    International Debutant kiwiviktor81's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,362
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    He's been fine. The rest just finally got better.
    This is the core of it imo. Taylor was, for years, our best batsman by some margin. Right now I don't think he's any worse than he was but Williamson and arguably McCullum are better than him now.

  2. #902
    U19 Debutant
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    351
    Quote Originally Posted by Viddly View Post
    Well he has been more productive under McCullum than any other captain in both forms, so pretty good. I assume that's what you meant, that he has been excellent? Because I'm sure you're not one of those who have seen his relative lack of success in the last couple of months and are trying to paint that as having something to do with an event that happened almost 3 years ago, right?
    That's why I used the term 'overshadowed'.

  3. #903
    International Debutant
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    2,117
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwiviktor81 View Post
    This is the core of it imo. Taylor was, for years, our best batsman by some margin. Right now I don't think he's any worse than he was but Williamson and arguably McCullum are better than him now.
    Disagree. Taylor is playing very poorly. He is well below his peak.

  4. #904
    State Vice-Captain
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    auckland
    Posts
    1,458
    Quote Originally Posted by jonbrooks View Post
    Disagree. Taylor is playing very poorly. He is well below his peak.
    Agreed. He appears to be a walking wicket.


  5. #905
    International Regular Swingpanzee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Not as talented as Shoaib Malik
    Posts
    3,395
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentOne View Post
    McCullum is a cancer on this cricket side, he's been working behind the scenes to shaft Rosco ever since his man Hesson became coach.

    **** McCullum and **** NZ cricket.
    Hmmmmmmmmm

  6. #906
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Howe_zat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Top floor, bottom buzzer
    Posts
    28,609
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5181 View Post
    I've never seen a New Zealand cricketer more determined than McCullum has been in the last 18 months. You can see it in his eyes. He'd do anything for this team.
    You'd be a fool not to recognise what he's done for the team but this post is just masturbatory tosh.
    Join the CW Commentary Discord - https://discord.gg/2cYpfrf

  7. #907
    Hall of Fame Member Hurricane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Don't be jealous of the Georgie Pie super smash
    Posts
    15,199
    Quote Originally Posted by Swingpanzee View Post
    Hmmmmmmmmm
    Yeah don't bother quoting us from back when Rossco Gate happened. The whole procedure for ousting him was poor and alienated fans the length and breadth of this country. When people started citing Ross's body language as a reason why he shouldn't be captain then it started to get into dangerous territory around physical appearances and other considerations which created concern amongst intelligent individuals I spoke to across the water cooler.
    One insight I have learned through 20 years in the corporate world is that often there are good reasons for replacing a leader but often when they are taken down the truth gets stretched about their ineptness to make the decision sound like a no brainer instead of the tough call that it usually is. The translation of that in case you missed it is that a lot of mud gets thrown during political changes. And that can cause some resentment.

    I think Brendon has been a good captain who has grown in the role. I think Ross would have grown too given more time.
    1) Ross is Boss.
    2) See point 1.

    Leading the charge against nuances being used in posts.

    Overrated XI M Bracewell, Burns, Rahane, Don Voges, Bairstow, Alecz Day, Donovan Grobelaar, Luke Ronchi, Faulkner, Dan Christian, Permaul

  8. #908
    International Captain Mike5181's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Just give it a little tappy, a little tap tap-aroo.
    Posts
    6,415
    Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    You'd be a fool not to recognise what he's done for the team but this post is just masturbatory tosh.
    Calm down.
    Hurricane and Daemon like this.

  9. #909
    International Coach wellAlbidarned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    the line
    Posts
    10,376
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Yeah don't bother quoting us from back when Rossco Gate happened. The whole procedure for ousting him was poor and alienated fans the length and breadth of this country. When people started citing Ross's body language as a reason why he shouldn't be captain then it started to get into dangerous territory around physical appearances and other considerations which created concern amongst intelligent individuals I spoke to across the water cooler.
    One insight I have learned through 20 years in the corporate world is that often there are good reasons for replacing a leader but often when they are taken down the truth gets stretched about their ineptness to make the decision sound like a no brainer instead of the tough call that it usually is. The translation of that in case you missed it is that a lot of mud gets thrown during political changes. And that can cause some resentment.

    I think Brendon has been a good captain who has grown in the role. I think Ross would have grown too given more time.
    we have a winner
    Hurricane likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Neesham
    Root always sets up the innings well. It's nice having BJ down the order to finish the innings off.
    Exit pursuing a beer

Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1151596061


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Captaincy - does it or doesn't it?
    By hang on in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 19-02-2011, 09:38 AM
  2. Captaincy; how important is it?
    By AlanJLegend in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-04-2010, 02:02 AM
  3. Captaincy
    By Jakester1288 in forum Coaching and Equipment Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 28-10-2009, 01:12 AM
  4. Chris Gayle willing to quit West Indies captaincy
    By roseboy64 in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 19-05-2009, 08:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •