Cricket Player Manager
Page 56 of 59 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: Ross Taylor likely to be shafted from the captaincy?

International Captain wellAlbidarned's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jcas0167 View Post
    It's been pretty hard to ignore tbf. What more is meant to happen?
    One-off charity boxing match, Ross vs Hesson.
    Exit pursuing a beer

Quote Originally Posted by ohnoitsyou View Post
    Until the SA tour, Mills had been pretty ordinary for quite a while, so Taylor wanting him to be dropped is understandable.

Hmmm - not sure about that... 1.5 bad series?

Last year = Bowling records | One-Day Internationals | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPN Cricinfo

Last 12 months = rain affected slog off in SL, and a mixed tour of WI (some good, some bad = 12 games, 14 wkts, 31.4 avg, 4.65 RPO

And looking back further...

Last 2 years = 18 games, 22 wkts, 28.6 avg, 4.44 RPO

Last 3 years = 37 games, 52 wkts, 25.8 avg, 4.72 RPO

Plus he spent some of the last little while injured?

International Vice-Captain Mike5181's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wellAlbidarned View Post
    That'd end faster than the Ryder/Watson fight.

Ross The Muss vs McHesson in a WWE style handicap match.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezroy View Post
    Ross The Muss vs McHesson in a WWE style handicap match.
    Ross could tagteam with Kane v McHesson.

International Debutant ohnoitsyou's Avatar
    Hmmm - not sure about that... 1.5 bad series?

Last year = Bowling records | One-Day Internationals | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPN Cricinfo

Last 12 months = rain affected slog off in SL, and a mixed tour of WI (some good, some bad = 12 games, 14 wkts, 31.4 avg, 4.65 RPO

And looking back further...

Last 2 years = 18 games, 22 wkts, 28.6 avg, 4.44 RPO

Last 3 years = 37 games, 52 wkts, 25.8 avg, 4.72 RPO

Plus he spent some of the last little while injured?
    Yeah, he certainty wasn't bad, his stats do look quite good, but not good enough to be undropable. In hindsight it would have been a distater, but when you consider that by Sri Lanka Boult was starting to improve at LO, and people still thought that Bracewell would fast become a good LO bowler, its easy to see why an older player thought past his best (although hindsight proves that wrong) could be dropped for the younger talent

On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    Quote Originally Posted by ohnoitsyou View Post
    Yeah, he certainty wasn't bad, his stats do look quite good, but not good enough to be undropable. In hindsight it would have been a distater, but when you consider that by Sri Lanka Boult was starting to improve at LO, and people still thought that Bracewell would fast become a good LO bowler, its easy to see why an older player thought past his best (although hindsight proves that wrong) could be dropped for the younger talent
    I'm sorry but no. It would be a ridiculous assessment to place half a dozen matches of mediocrity over half a dozen years of excellence, especially given that guys like Andy Ellis were still being selected in that team. However I continue to doubt that Taylor would've demanded Mills' axing in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

I'm not understanding this "get over it everything's okay now" thing which is coming out. Everything is NOT okay now. A lot of really **** stuff happened and I fail to see how not losing to England papers over some pretty massive cracks. If it's ignored now it could have serious implications for how the management behaves in future.
    This this this.

On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    I'm not understanding this "get over it everything's okay now" thing which is coming out. Everything is NOT okay now. A lot of really **** stuff happened and I fail to see how not losing to England papers over some pretty massive cracks. If it's ignored now it could have serious implications for how the management behaves in future.
    Yeah, but we already know that a lot of really **** stuff happened. We know that Hesson axed Taylor under unreasonable circumstances. We know that he, and the NZC lied about the offer of the split captaincy. We already knew that there were major divisions within the side (even if we didn't have names). We already knew that people within the NZ team unit had concerns about a culture of mediocrity amongst some players. This **** being perpetually dredged up every month isn't adding anything new.

I guess if someone could provide some actual proof (e.g. a taped recording of the Hesson-Taylor meeting in SL) it would serve to place additional pressure on the NZC to reform. However, all these accusations by people who (rightly or wrongly) aren't even involved in New Zealand Cricket aren't achieving anything besides potentially worsening the fractures that already exist within the side.
    Last edited by Bahnz; 03-04-2013 at 11:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post
    Yeah, but we already know that a lot of really **** stuff happened. We know that Hesson axed Taylor under unreasonable circumstances. We know that he, and the NZC lied about the offer of the split captaincy. We already knew that there were major divisions within the side (even if we didn't have names). We already knew that people within the NZ team unit had concerns about a culture of mediocrity amongst some players. This **** being perpetually dredged up every month isn't adding anything new.

I guess if someone could provide some actual proof (e.g. a taped recording of the Hesson-Taylor meeting in SL) it would serve to place additional pressure on the NZC to reform. However, all these accusations by people who (rightly or wrongly) aren't even involved in New Zealand Cricket aren't achieving anything besides potentially worsening the fractures that already exist within the side.
    Well said. Flush the dunny, and move on.

Whatever needs to be flushed to have that happen, needs to happen.

They basically need to get anyone with an issue in a room, with some neutral mediator (or whoever, since the board of NZC don't seem that neutral), and get out whatever needs to be got out. Then get out whoever needs to be got out.

Quote Originally Posted by bahnz View Post
    yeah, but we already know that a lot of really **** stuff happened. We know that hesson axed taylor under unreasonable circumstances. We know that he, and the nzc lied about the offer of the split captaincy. We already knew that there were major divisions within the side (even if we didn't have names). We already knew that people within the nz team unit had concerns about a culture of mediocrity amongst some players. This **** being perpetually dredged up every month isn't adding anything new.

I guess if someone could provide some actual proof (e.g. A taped recording of the hesson-taylor meeting in sl) it would serve to place additional pressure on the nzc to reform. However, all these accusations by people who (rightly or wrongly) aren't even involved in new zealand cricket aren't achieving anything besides potentially worsening the fractures that already exist within the side.
    +1

Well said. Flush the dunny, and move on.
    So get rid of everyone involved, and move on?

Sounds like a plan.

Don't be jealous of the Georgie Pie super smash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeGee View Post
    This document's sole purpose is to be an instrument by which John Parker's group can challenge the governance of the NZC.
    ndeed. what is the process for the challenge - is there an AGM where anyone can stand for election?
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

Quote Originally Posted by KiWiNiNjA View Post
    So get rid of everyone involved, and move on?

Sounds like a plan.
    Not completely - just get rid of all the crap. That's what I do when I do poo. I don't get rid of all the stuff that makes the poo. Just the poo.

Not completely - just get rid of all the crap. That's what I do when I do poo. I don't get rid of all the stuff that makes the poo. Just the poo.
    And the poo keeps on coming back.

Sounds like you need to get rid of the stuff that is making the poo.

Page 56 of 59 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast

Thread Information