Page 55 of 59 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: Ross Taylor likely to be shafted from the captaincy?

At least two prominent New Zealand cricket identities have consulted lawyers after being named in revelations pertaining to the change in captaincy over the past 24 hours.
    McCullum and Vettori probably?

International Captain wellAlbidarned's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezroy View Post
    Seconded.

Plus we already know that Kane is a fan of Ross.

Plus, plus - my mate saw them together at the airport the day that Ryder got bashed.

You know, the day after Kane went golfing with all the others and Ross told the radio he was still a bit uncomfortable.

So, yep, they get on okay out of work hours.
    Like Ross, he's also not a fan of the blokey pub scene from what I've heard. From a year in club cricket it's become pretty obvious that going and getting ****faced with the captain greatly increases your favourability and selection chances so good on him for holding out.
    Exit pursuing a beer

Quote Originally Posted by Jezroy View Post
    Then Hesson leaves it to the last possible moment and says "Shame - we're taking all those guys anyway. And by the way, just so you feel a little more isolated, we're going to leave Guptill and Bracewell at home (when at this time, they would have both been in the ODI squad)....

The fact that NZC also seemed to have a similar blaze` attitude towards John Wright as coach (could they really not afford a warm up camp for the WI tour, or was this just an attempt to frustrate him out of the job?), and it seems to go back even further.

It's fine for Hesson to want McCullum as captain, but he didn't need to make Taylor look crap to do it. He just needed a meeting saying "I want McCullum as captain. Cool?".
    Largely agree, although IIRC Guptill wanted a break after months of constant cricket.

International Vice-Captain Mike5181's Avatar
    A lot of it's just speculation at this stage. It'll be interesting to see if they can find actual concrete evidence to prove some of their accusations. **** will go down if they can. Otherwise, the only new things to come out so far have been one player (possibly Kane Williamson) objecting to the senior players approach to training, and Taylor requesting young players instead of some of that older group for the Sri Lankan tour. At the end of the day, I'm not sure any of this is going to help anyway. It'll just distract the team further from what they actually need to be doing, and that's building on that performance against England.

On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    I'd be interested to know what evidence there is that McCullum knew about the captaincy switch. I mean, I'm sure he did know. It would be nonsensical to proceed with axing Taylor without being 100% certain that McCullum was ready to step up as captain. It would just be interesting to know what they're basing the claim on.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike5181 View Post
    A lot of it's just speculation at this stage. It'll be interesting to see if they can find actual concrete evidence to prove some of their accusations. **** will go down if they can. Otherwise, the only new things to come out so far have been one player (possibly Kane Williamson) objecting to the senior players approach to training, and Taylor requesting young players instead of some of that older group for the Sri Lankan tour. At the end of the day, I'm not sure any of this is going to help anyway. It'll just distract the team further from what they actually need to be doing, and that's building on that performance against England.
    I don't see anything changing in terms of the captaincy or coaching positions. Nor should it, the team seems to be improving. Hesson's selections generally worked well. Hopefully Taylor feels better that this is out in the open and they can move on at last.
    Last edited by jcas0167; 03-04-2013 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike5181 View Post
    A lot of it's just speculation at this stage.
    this.

even if some of the stuff turns out to be true, it's not productive to go into it.

The reality is that the test team now doesn't include any of the "old boys" anyway. If there's a new culture to be inspired, then get on and do it. Don't worry about ****s that are no longer in the team anyway.

Hesson was a cock in the way he went about the Taylor sacking, but he's not implicated in any of this crap. If anything he's part of the new breed.

I'm also struggling to see how this reflects poorly on McCullum either.

Honestly, getting pretty sick of Tony Veitch.

International Vice-Captain BeeGee's Avatar
    Look, this isn't about the team or the players. It's about the way the NZC is being run and the fact that it can't be allowed to continue that way or the future of New Zealand cricket is ****ed.

This document's sole purpose is to be an instrument by which John Parker's group can challenge the governance of the NZC.
    Last edited by BeeGee; 03-04-2013 at 08:39 PM.

On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    Quote Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
    this.

even if some of the stuff turns out to be true, it's not productive to go into it.

The reality is that the test team now doesn't include any of the "old boys" anyway. If there's a new culture to be inspired, then get on and do it. Don't worry about ****s that are no longer in the team anyway.

Hesson was a cock in the way he went about the Taylor sacking, but he's not implicated in any of this crap. If anything he's part of the new breed.

I'm also struggling to see how this reflects poorly on McCullum either.

Implying that there was some point in the last decade when you weren't sick of Tony Veitch? Is that even humanly possible?

While he was the one doing a lot of the interviews and investigating the issue around Christmas, he's not been responsible for this latest outbreak. That is down to Parker et al. Parker apparently was interviewed by Mark Watson and has declined to give further interviews.

Listening to Veitch talk with Richardson this morning my impression was that Veitch also thinks it is time to move on.
    Last edited by jcas0167; 03-04-2013 at 08:53 PM.

International Captain wellAlbidarned's Avatar
    I'm not understanding this "get over it everything's okay now" thing which is coming out. Everything is NOT okay now. A lot of really **** stuff happened and I fail to see how not losing to England papers over some pretty massive cracks. If it's ignored now it could have serious implications for how the management behaves in future.

Quote Originally Posted by wellAlbidarned View Post
    I'm not understanding this "get over it everything's okay now" thing which is coming out. Everything is NOT okay now. A lot of really **** stuff happened and I fail to see how not losing to England papers over some pretty massive cracks. If it's ignored now it could have serious implications for how the management behaves in future.
    It's been pretty hard to ignore tbf. What more is meant to happen?

International Vice-Captain BeeGee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wellAlbidarned View Post
    I'm with you, mate.

Quote Originally Posted by jcas0167 View Post
    It's been pretty hard to ignore tbf. What more is meant to happen?
    Removal of the heads of the NZC and a complete change of culture in the organization.

International Debutant ohnoitsyou's Avatar
    Until the SA tour, Mills had been pretty ordinary for quite a while, so Taylor wanting him to be dropped is understandable.

Careful, he might come find you.

Page 55 of 59 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast

Thread Information