Page 48 of 59 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: Ross Taylor likely to be shafted from the captaincy?

School Boy/Girl Captain Binkley's Avatar
    Here is White's response.

So Shane's letter was apparently "opinion-based" and "contains a number of inaccuracies". Hmmm. I suspect a former Policeman probably knows a thing or two about making observations, weighing the evidence, truth and drawing conclusions.

International Captain straw man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Binkley View Post
    Here is White's response.

So Shane's letter was apparently "opinion-based" and "contains a number of inaccuracies". Hmmm. I suspect a former Policeman probably knows a thing or two about making observations, weighing the evidence, truth and drawing conclusions.
    'opinion-based' and 'contains a number of inaccuracies' surely describes everything Hesson and White have said and indeed done since this began

School Boy/Girl Cricketer banquetbear's Avatar
    ...the Onion Headline would be "David White insists letter written by former policeman Shane Bond was full of inaccuracies."

I don't care what Bob Carter or Mike Sandle have said to NZ Cricket in private. Lets hear what they have to say. As an employer I've never had meetings with employees to discuss employment issue without giving them an option of having representation. I still believe my conspiracy theory that Bracewell and Guptill missed the early part of the tour so that Taylor wouldn't have a support base around him. I'm sure Hesson's master plan was to make Taylors job as difficult to do as possible including not talking to him and making dumb on the field calls. Hesson probably expected Taylor to resign at the meeting but he didn't.

School Boy/Girl Cricketer banquetbear's Avatar
    ...and just one other thing to think about: Hesson has already come out and admitted that he never actually said that Taylor was only loosing the one day and T20 captaincy. Hesson states that Taylor should have understood that in the context of the meeting (apparently it was a debrief on the early part of the tour) Taylor should have just known what was being talked about. Bond's account does not contradict this at all.

Quote Originally Posted by banquetbear View Post
    ...and just one other thing to think about: Hesson has already come out and admitted that he never actually said that Taylor was only loosing the one day and T20 captaincy. Hesson states that Taylor should have understood that in the context of the meeting (apparently it was a debrief on the early part of the tour) Taylor should have just known what was being talked about. Bond's account does not contradict this at all.
    Good point.

Hesson yesterday claimed he meant Taylor would lose only the limited overs captaincy, though Fairfax understands Taylor was unaware of that fact. Hesson conceded he could have been clearer.

"The meeting was a review of the one-day series . . . but I didn't mention if [the change] was one form, two forms or three forms," he said.

"During our discussions, there was opportunities to get clarification. I understand through the media that he didn't know that and I certainly regret that."
    Last edited by jcas0167; 17-01-2013 at 03:37 PM.

International Vice-Captain BeeGee's Avatar
    Yes, it does.

Here is the lie:

Hesson yesterday claimed he meant Taylor would lose only the limited overs captaincy
    Here is Bond's account which contradicts Hesson:

"At no time during my conversations with Mike Hesson, that mostly included Bob Carter and/or the manager was the captaincy spilt ever suggested.

"It was clear to me that Ross Taylor was to be removed as captain from all three formats."
    So after meeting with Hesson, Taylor was left in no doubt that he was being stripped of the captaincy in all three formats.

In a completely separate conversation with Hesson, Bond was left in no doubt that Taylor was being stripped of the captaincy in all three formats.

Either Bond and Taylor are both idiots or Hesson is lying.
    Last edited by BeeGee; 17-01-2013 at 04:04 PM.

International Debutant
    I feel so sorry for Taylor and Bond right now. I think Bond leaving as bowling coach would be almost as devastating as Taylor not being there as batsman, he seems to be doing such a good job guiding our young bowlers.

Absolute madness nothing is being done about Hesson, have also lost all respect for McCullum, especially given it's debatable he even deserves a spot in the team.

Taylor, Bond and Buchanan, the only 3 people within NZC that I see as having any integrity left, anything they say i'm taking as gospel.

International Captain wellAlbidarned's Avatar
    Clearly everyone except Hesson are idiots, everyone must go. All hail lord Hesson!
    Exit pursuing a beer

International Vice-Captain Mike5181's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Polo23 View Post
    Absolute madness nothing is being done about Hesson, have also lost all respect for McCullum, especially given it's debatable he even deserves a spot in the team.
    Disagree with this, and it's not the first time someone has said it. For some reason, people seem to be under the impression that McCullum's place in the side is unjustified. That's simply not the case. He's far from being a world class batsman, but whilst guys like Guptill, Flynn etc are in the team, there really shouldn't be question marks over his place in the side. Even if it's not saying much, he's clearly been the best opener we've had seen Mark Richardson.

International Debutant Viscount Tom's Avatar
    I pity the poor fools who get him after you lot.
    AT-XI
    #J.Hobbs; #L.Hutton; #D.Bradman; #V.Richards; #G.Sobers; #A.Border; #A.Gilchrist; #K.Miller; #I.Khan; #S.Warne; #M.Marshall;

International Debutant ohnoitsyou's Avatar
    So Buchanan is now a good guy, after being the enemy for making Wright quit

International Captain wellAlbidarned's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5181 View Post
    Disagree with this, and it's not the first time someone has said it. For some reason, people seem to be under the impression that McCullum's place in the side is unjustified. That's simply not the case. He's far from being a world class batsman, but whilst guys like Guptill, Flynn etc are in the team, there really shouldn't be question marks over his place in the side. Even if it's not saying much, he's clearly been the best opener we've had seen Mark Richardson.
    No-one disputes that his slot is safe as an opener, but he clearly has his heart set on the middle order where his spot would be far from safe if he wasn't captain.

U19 12th Man
    That David White interview with Veitchy was terrible, white didn't come across as a strong CEO with honesty and Integrity.

**** him off

...quotes from Bond to NZ Cricket:
    Sourced from here:

https://www.facebook.com/breakfastwithveitchy

If your just catching up: this is the information that was held up yesterday by legal teams from NZ Cricket. This letter was sent to Bond on the evening prior to Chris Mollers press conference last year and was the information that Moller was refering to.

Bond is a good bloke and all, but this was written weeks ago and really doesn't contain any more information than what a halfwit could have seen through Hesson's bull****.

If White wasn't such a dumb ****, he should have been able see through Hesson's lies and just asked him for the truth - that he'd wanted to dump Taylor from all three formats and had changed his tune following Taylor's MOTM performance in Galle.

We already knew that Hesson was lying.

The only person that this "new information" reflects poorly on is White himself and the board. The fact that they continued to go with the "misunderstanding" spin to the NZ public when it was clear what had happened to everyone just shows how far their heads are in the sand.
    Last edited by hendrix; 17-01-2013 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Polo23 View Post
    I think Bond leaving as bowling coach would be almost as devastating as Taylor not being there as batsman, he seems to be doing such a good job guiding our young bowlers.
    Yeah, exactly. That was my first thought when I heard about this.

Page 48 of 59 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread Information