• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ross Taylor likely to be shafted from the captaincy?

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
He's been fine. The rest just finally got better.
This is the core of it imo. Taylor was, for years, our best batsman by some margin. Right now I don't think he's any worse than he was but Williamson and arguably McCullum are better than him now.

Sarun

U19 Debutant
Well he has been more productive under McCullum than any other captain in both forms, so pretty good. I assume that's what you meant, that he has been excellent? Because I'm sure you're not one of those who have seen his relative lack of success in the last couple of months and are trying to paint that as having something to do with an event that happened almost 3 years ago, right?
That's why I used the term 'overshadowed'.

jonbrooks

International Debutant
This is the core of it imo. Taylor was, for years, our best batsman by some margin. Right now I don't think he's any worse than he was but Williamson and arguably McCullum are better than him now.
Disagree. Taylor is playing very poorly. He is well below his peak.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I've never seen a New Zealand cricketer more determined than McCullum has been in the last 18 months. You can see it in his eyes. He'd do anything for this team.
You'd be a fool not to recognise what he's done for the team but this post is just masturbatory tosh.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Hmmmmmmmmm
Yeah don't bother quoting us from back when Rossco Gate happened. The whole procedure for ousting him was poor and alienated fans the length and breadth of this country. When people started citing Ross's body language as a reason why he shouldn't be captain then it started to get into dangerous territory around physical appearances and other considerations which created concern amongst intelligent individuals I spoke to across the water cooler.
One insight I have learned through 20 years in the corporate world is that often there are good reasons for replacing a leader but often when they are taken down the truth gets stretched about their ineptness to make the decision sound like a no brainer instead of the tough call that it usually is. The translation of that in case you missed it is that a lot of mud gets thrown during political changes. And that can cause some resentment.

I think Brendon has been a good captain who has grown in the role. I think Ross would have grown too given more time.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Yeah don't bother quoting us from back when Rossco Gate happened. The whole procedure for ousting him was poor and alienated fans the length and breadth of this country. When people started citing Ross's body language as a reason why he shouldn't be captain then it started to get into dangerous territory around physical appearances and other considerations which created concern amongst intelligent individuals I spoke to across the water cooler.
One insight I have learned through 20 years in the corporate world is that often there are good reasons for replacing a leader but often when they are taken down the truth gets stretched about their ineptness to make the decision sound like a no brainer instead of the tough call that it usually is. The translation of that in case you missed it is that a lot of mud gets thrown during political changes. And that can cause some resentment.

I think Brendon has been a good captain who has grown in the role. I think Ross would have grown too given more time.
we have a winner