Page 47 of 59 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: Ross Taylor likely to be shafted from the captaincy?

Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    Big difference between rumour and innuendo and a public statement though.
    Yeah, true. It's still a big deal, but I guess I was just hoping for something a bit more juicy and interesting than "Ross was told he wasn't wanted at all before the split captaincy thing came up later" because there was just no way I'd ever believe anything to the contrary anyway.

What's the bet the only fallout from this is Bond being sacked or "resigning" from is position?
    Last edited by Prince EWS; 17-01-2013 at 01:26 PM.
    ~ Cribbage ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

School Boy/Girl Captain Binkley's Avatar
    White has already come out and said "it's not an issue" and that there is no chance that Hesson will be removed from his coaching role. Jesus wept. New Zealand Cricket has absolutely no integrity to it does it? A written statement from the bowling coach saying that the head coach deliberating undermined his captain and then lied about it to cover his arse - and its nothing to worry about?! Blood hell. I am speechless.

His little gremlin face makes me rage... And White's. Though he is more troll looking.

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    If NZC do nothing, then Bond has to resign. You can't come out with statements like this without having the willingness to back them up with deeds.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

International Vice-Captain BeeGee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Binkley View Post
    White has already come out and said "it's not an issue" and that there is no chance that Hesson will be removed from his coaching role. Jesus wept. New Zealand Cricket has absolutely no integrity to it does it? A written statement from the bowling coach saying that the head coach deliberating undermined his captain and then lied about it to cover his arse - and its nothing to worry about?! Blood hell. I am speechless.
    Fun days to be a NZ cricket supporter, ay? NZC is being run by Dumb and Dumber.

How Bond and Taylor can have a successful working relationship with Hesson after all this, is beyond me.

Hesson is a ****ing lowlife. Just fyi.
    Last edited by BeeGee; 17-01-2013 at 01:28 PM.

Waiting VoltmanSmudge's comments on the Hesson-McCullum axis.

On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    If NZC do nothing, then Bond has to resign. You can't come out with statements like this without having the willingness to back them up with deeds.
    Not necessarily. Hesson and Bond are meant to have had a "robust" debate about the letter to the NZC when they first arrived in SA, and agreed to move on.
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post
    Not necessarily. Hesson and Bond are meant to have had a "robust" debate about the letter to the NZC when they first arrived in SA, and agreed to move on.
    That's as maybe, but that means Bond has caved in and he loses face. The only way he doesn't lose face is by resigning - that's more what I meant.

On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    What I don't get about all this is why couldn't Hesson and the NZC have just come out and said the truth? It's really not that bad, imagine a public statement back in December along the lines of:

We initially had decided that Taylor should be removed from all three forms of the Captaincy. However, after Ross' superb efforts as both a player and a captain in the 2nd test under trying circumstances, we realised our mistake and have choosen to retain him as test captain going forward.

There's nothing inherently wrong with realising they erred, provided that all and sundry can come out and admit it. Don't they understand that what's pissing everybody off at this point is the unending deluge of barefaced bull****? RAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!
    Last edited by Bahnz; 17-01-2013 at 01:49 PM.

School Boy/Girl Cricketer banquetbear's Avatar
    ...as someone in the comments in one of the stuff articles points out: this morning's revelations put into perspective this other cricket story that I read today:

Black Caps | John Buchanan's message: Sort it out... | Stuff.co.nz

Buchanan would not go into the report's details, but said bringing in experts on short-term contracts was not necessarily the answer.
    Perhaps there are plans afoot to get rid of Bond and this was Buchanan's not too subtle public attempt to put a stop to that. There is a clear division in the ranks: Hesson is clearly working with the approval of the board and White, and everyone else lining up on the other side. And the board and White are circling the wagons...

International Vice-Captain BeeGee's Avatar
    What I don't get about all this is why couldn't Hesson and the NZC have just come out and said the truth?
    Because, like politicians and other people of low morals, his first instinct is to lie and cover his ass. It's not in his nature to be honest and front up when called out on something. But unlike politicians, he's just not intelligent enough to pull it off successfully.

Even if Hesson is telling the truth, and is an awesome coach - his position is still untenable. He has certainly lost the faith of the public, and if that has happened I would be very surprised if he still has the faith of the players. And a coach who people are not willing to trust or listen to is likely to be as effective as Jeetan Patel's tactics with the bat when facing Dale Steyn.

I agree. Good on him for speaking out though. And his approach was spot on. Writing formally to the Board rather than going out in public. I have changed my avatar in his honour. He and Buchanan seem to be the only guys within NZC to have any integrity. I wouldn't be surprised to see them both gone.

What I don't get about all this is why couldn't Hesson and the NZC have just come out and said the truth? It's really not that bad, imagine a public statement back in December along the lines of:

We initially had decided that Taylor should be removed from all three forms of the Captaincy. However, after Ross' superb efforts as both a player and a captain in the 2nd test under trying circumstances, we realised our mistake and have choosen to retain him as test captain going forward.

There's nothing inherently wrong with realising they erred, provided that all and sundry can come out and admit it. Don't they understand that what's pissing everybody off at this point is the unending deluge of barefaced bull****? RAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!
    Absolutely. I was really hopeful that Hesson would do well and had seen comments he was a good coach with Otago. But after this I think for the good of NZC he has to go. Bond can takeover as interim coach.

I hope that the insistence on keeping him on isn't that NZC can't afford a payout. After all they couldn't afford a warm up tour before the Windies, maybe they just can't afford to sack Hesson?

International Captain straw man's Avatar
    Not quite as shocking revelations as had been promised, though confirmation of what was already known.

Someone tell Hesson to **** off already. White too. I haven't enjoyed NZ's next top model cricket coach over the last few years however Hesson's position is, to use that wonderful word, untenable.

After he is sacked I suspect Taylor would accept a split captaincy and I think that would be the most acceptable compromise.

Page 47 of 59 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread Information