• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ross Taylor likely to be shafted from the captaincy?

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Bond is a good bloke and all, but this was written weeks ago and really doesn't contain any more information than what a halfwit could have seen through Hesson's bull****.
Agree it's not new information from where we rabid NZ cricket followers sit, but a casual fan who just likes a bit of cricket now again could be forgiven for glancing at this schamozzle and thinking there were two reasonable sides to this story, and maybe even believing some of what Hesson and White say because they haven't looked into it further.

Bond is someone who is widely respected and has integrity, so this leaked letter from him should hopefully help to clear up any misconception amongst the casual fan.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I pity the poor fools who get him after you lot.
Doubt even Kenya would take him back after this. That's part of the problem actually - Hesson would know that his career in coaching is completely and utterly dead unless he can hang onto the NZ job for another 2-3 years, get some moderate results and people begin to forget what has taken place.

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
Doubt even Kenya would take him back after this. That's part of the problem actually - Hesson would know that his career in coaching is completely and utterly dead unless he can hang onto the NZ job for another 2-3 years, get some moderate results and people begin to forget what has taken place.
Not just a career in coaching, i bet that he couldn't even get a job in a supermarket (or any other job) if he loses this one.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Shane Bond on the latest shambles:

"I want to go on record saying that I met with Mike Hesson several weeks ago, we have discussed the content of the letter, and put it behind us.

"We have developed a good working relationship during this tour and are working closely together to make this team better. I want to keep working hard with the other support staff so can improve the performance of the team. As far as I'm concerned we have dealt with the matter, it has been put behind us and I won't be making any further comment."

Days of Grace

International Captain
Shane Bond on the latest shambles:

"I want to go on record saying that I met with Mike Hesson several weeks ago, we have discussed the content of the letter, and put it behind us.

"We have developed a good working relationship during this tour and are working closely together to make this team better. I want to keep working hard with the other support staff so can improve the performance of the team. As far as I'm concerned we have dealt with the matter, it has been put behind us and I won't be making any further comment."

So they got to Bond as well. Maybe they threatened his wife or children. Anyway, the last obstacle has been silenced. White and Hesson are safe for the next 20 years. History will be rewritten and we will forget all about this.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I personally wish the bond letter hadn't been published. I already knew Hesson was a liar. I just found that it re-stirred my emotions which I thought I had moved on from.

Anyway Hendrix I think published an excellent link that stated that the board has called a special general meeting for early in the year where everyone will be up for re-election. So that was good of them for doing that if nothing else. Lets hope some good honest people run for election.

If this was happening in the states by the way the fans might be able to act by holding the board accountable to their charter with its governing rules upon which it was founded and taking legal action.

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
Does anyone thing an absolute stuffing (say as in SA) from England in the upcoming series might see Hesson gone? Or is he now untouchable in the eyes of NZC?

Meridio

International Regular
More to Bond's letter than what has been published, according to this article: Skyfall Looms Over Bond Letter - cricket - sport | Stuff.co.nz.

Suspect it's highly critical of the entire NZ Cricket organisation, from the administration through to the players; so, of course, White et al will sweep it under the carpet rather than actually do anything.

Meanwhile, this from the NZ Herald sounds a bit more promising: Cricket: Parker and pals set to pad up - Sport - NZ Herald News. Am particularly liking the "Sources told the Herald on Sunday a meticulous dossier is being compiled covering NZC actions and blunders of recent years" bit.

BackFootPunch

International 12th Man
If that stuff about the culture in the team is true then it's disgraceful.

Can handle losing if the blokes are committed and professional. From what was said about Taylor not really fitting in, as well as other little things, I get the impression that the team is a bit of a boys club. Getting on the piss and social smoking shouldn't be requirements to fit in with the other blokes.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
That does look quite promising
I thought Chris Rattue said that the board was standing for re-election at the special meeting. It sounds from this article that not only are they not standing for re-election but they are heightening their powers by reducing the number of elected positions and then getting the power to appoint the other two positions themselves.

If this is correct - I am dissapointed.

Also it will be the end of the year before Parker can ride in on his white horse and save the day.

I have met John Parker by the way. He ran a coaching course which I attended growing up. Scolded me for running my partner out in a practice match.