Page 33 of 59 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Ross Taylor likely to be shafted from the captaincy?

Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    What a joke.

I have no time for Hesson. His statements appear duplicitous given they have been refuted by Ross.

One Network news decided not to fling any mud at NZ cricket. I imagine there were a few high placed discussions about how the news would be reported.

I will have to think about my position as a fan over night. It will be tough to cheer this team on.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

International Debutant M0rphin3's Avatar
    I'm hoping for an absolute drubbing vs SA so that Hesson eats it. What a ****ing joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by mudrunner View Post
    give 21yo smith a break. bradmans figures for his first few tests were comparable.....

Proud Supporter of: Shakib Al Hasan, Kane Williamson, Adam Milne

International Debutant ohnoitsyou's Avatar
    I am very annoyed at the media right now, they are sucking up to the White and Hessen bs. After talking to a few of my friends and looking at cricinfo comments, its apparent that the general public believe that nothing wrong has happened except from Taylor being selfish. Only the avid cricket fans know the full story (well as much as been revealed) so looks like they might get away with this coup

International Debutant ohnoitsyou's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by M0rphin3 View Post
    I'm hoping for an absolute drubbing vs SA so that Hesson eats it. What a ****ing joke.
    A few people have been over this before, its the #1 team at home, so its unlikely that would work. However if we do reasonably well Hesson will be praised, its a lose lose situation

Quote Originally Posted by M0rphin3 View Post
    Ross should say that he doesn't want to play for Hesson and go on record as saying that.

And then just watch Hesson lose without him.

With all due respect to Peter Fulton - he is not going to average more than 30 in the test series.

Thank you for your post Morphin - I will probably join you in your hope that they get humped and lose the test in 3 days.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    After calming down a bit I don't want the players to suffer to punish NZC's mistakes. Happens enough already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    After calming down a bit I don't want the players to suffer to punish NZC's mistakes. Happens enough already.
    The same players who wouldn't support Ross instead of concentrating on their own performances?

International 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by ohnoitsyou View Post
    I am very annoyed at the media right now, they are sucking up to the White and Hessen bs. After talking to a few of my friends and looking at cricinfo comments, its apparent that the general public believe that nothing wrong has happened except from Taylor being selfish. Only the avid cricket fans know the full story (well as much as been revealed) so looks like they might get away with this coup
    Really? Wow. I couldn't disagree more with every single thing you've just said. I watched TV3 where they laid the boot in. The questions in the conference were very heated. Andrew Mulligan launched into a very good rant against the lies and poor handling by White and Hesson. I've read elsewhere about Hesson's communication in his conversation with Ross being poor, and that what he said was contradicted in a PR statement released on Ross' behalf.

And every person I've spoken to thinks everything has gone wrong and I've not heard one say Ross is selfish.

I find it interesting that people want their side to lose, although I guess that is nothing to do with the players and the fact they don't want Hesson to come out with results at the end of it and be able to justify what has gone on.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveNZ View Post
    I find it interesting that people want their side to lose, although I guess that is nothing to do with the players and the fact they don't want Hesson to come out with results at the end of it and be able to justify what has gone on.
    Doesn't feel like the team I grew up with right now. so not sure it is my team at the moment. As mentioned will sleep on it as I am in the moment right now.

Biggest drama we had in the 80s was Coney and Hadlee not talking on the field. Yet there were no machinations and no incompetent administrators or outright lies told to the NZ public by the coach.

yeah still heated right now. I will concentrate on the T20 game instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post
    Love all the talk about the ODI team's poor performances.

He said of the last 31 ODI games we have won 5. Genuine question how many of the 31 was Ross captain? Not having a dig here just want to know.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    seriously how gun does this make taylor's performance in the last match
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

International Debutant Viscount Tom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    He said of the last 31 ODI games we have won 5. Genuine question how many of the 31 was Ross captain? Not having a dig here just want to know.
    He got appointed midway through last year so I'd have thought that at most 15 16ish
    AT-XI
    #J.Hobbs; #L.Hutton; #D.Bradman; #V.Richards; #G.Sobers; #A.Border; #A.Gilchrist; #K.Miller; #I.Khan; #S.Warne; #M.Marshall;

State Vice-Captain BackFootPunch's Avatar
    Ah if my statsguru query was right he was captain in 16 of those 31 and we won 3.

State Vice-Captain BackFootPunch's Avatar
    Wait he's only captained 6 games against top 8 opposition since he took over officially. Surely that's not right.

Quote Originally Posted by BackFootPunch View Post
    Ah if my statsguru query was right he was captain in 16 of those 31 and we won 3.
    Thanks - I had the feeling that stat was a further misleading statement.

Page 33 of 59 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread Information