Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Ross Taylor likely to be shafted from the captaincy?

Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    one network news confirmed the rumour and said it was part of a post tour review that Hesson was heavily involved with.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    I can't get the link to work (suggesting hastly deletion) and there has been no announcement. Have we been trolled?
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

U19 12th Man
    David White on Radio sport in under an hour apparently.

I hope David White told Baz "don't be a Styris."

Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    I hope David White told Baz "don't be a Styris."
    ~ Cribbage ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

Quote Originally Posted by SilentOne View Post
    David White on Radio sport in under an hour apparently.
    Hoping he comes on soon - Deaker is trying to stir up calls about the ab loss but the callers don't care.

BTW, here's an interview Ian Smith & the Live Sport breakfast crew did with David White just 3 or so days ago. Smith did press him about the Taylor's captaincy issue as well.

David White on the Breakfast Of Champions - LiveSPORT Radio Audio Archive Player - Audio - LiveSPORT

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Hoping he comes on soon - Deaker is trying to stir up calls about the ab loss but the callers don't care.
    He's obvs not coming on.

U19 12th Man
    unless of course he was just been interviewed for a sound bite during the sport news.

I don't know how Deaker can devote a whole hour to that ab loss, the ****er.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentOne View Post
    unless of course he was just been interviewed for a sound bite during the sport news.

I don't know how Deaker can devote a whole hour to that ab loss, the ****er.
    OK they have reported that they phoned David White who just said no comment and an announcement would happen later this week.

I suspect Lawnbowls guy is involved in this coup as well.

Banned
    Hahahaha oh NZ... just when it seemed you were doing well, this happens.

McCullum can gagf. He's the most overrated batsman in test cricket... he's never performed too well against anyone bar Bangla and Zim. Now that he's no longer the WK, he's practically useless. Steyn n co will eat him for breakfast.

Literally can't recall McCullum scoring any tough runs other than that double hundred in India and a few 90s at Lords, and those 90s tell you something about him as well.

Downhill skier (copyright Burgey 2012) of the highest order.

Taylor plays his best innings when the chips are down. Removing minnows makes his record better.

I think they're both good players and I'm having a hard time believing that McCullum would be that petty as to try to oust the best player in the team from captaincy. OTOH, it's hard to believe that this would even be considered had McCullum given his full support.

Supposing everyone in the team hates Taylor, and everyone loves McCullum...Taylor is still the right man for the job.

This isn't a popularity contest.

It doesn't actually matter whether the young players look up to McCullum or Taylor.

Do they think the young Aussies don't admire Michael Hussey? Of course they ****ing do, that doesn't mean they're going to try and get Clarke replaced does it?

What a joke.
    Last edited by hendrix; 03-12-2012 at 12:53 AM.

all of this is quite stink as the rumour starts to get stronger on Radio Sport. And if Taylor quits I will be at a loss for words it would be almost as if the leaders of NZ cricket were deliberately trying to ruin NZ cricket. Honestly if they were trying to take us backwards they couldn't do a better job. And if they aren't trying to take us backwards on purpose then I can only conclude that NZ cricket is an extremely political place to be and Ross didn't know how to play the game.

State Vice-Captain BackFootPunch's Avatar
    If this is for real it's totally ****ed. Someone to please confirm it's not actually a thing. McCullum is overrated, selfish and often abhorrently brainless. Furthermore, the few times he has captained haven't done anything to suggest he's more worthy of the role than Taylor.

As well as McCullum's obvious shortcomings, it's not as if Taylor has even done anything wrong. He's been in charge for a bit over a year ffs. He's beaten Australia in Australia and Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka. And been our best bat to boot. This is ridiculous. Farcical. Shocking. Fmd.

If this actually happens it'll confirm what the critics have been saying for a while now - a majority of the team are more interested in their own personal success and how the public perceive them than actually winning some ****ing cricket games.

Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread Information