• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ross Taylor likely to be shafted from the captaincy?

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Cricket: Coach didn't support me - Taylor - Sport - NZ Herald News

This part is the critical one. It clearly refutes White and Hesson's lies:
"I was offered the test captaincy a couple of weeks (after the Sri Lanka meeting), when it was clear to me from conversations, they didn't want me at all."
David White unable to answer questions about responsibility:
Taylor and his manager Leanne McGoldrick met New Zealand Cricket chief executive David White for three hours on Thursday. It was a fraught meeting. "I wanted to go in with an open mind and no preconceived ideas. Leanne and I asked a lot of questions, the majority of which he couldn't answer."
Taylor not involved at all in debrief:
The only prior communication he had received from White was a congratulatory text from the CEO following the Colombo test victory, a win secured largely on the back of Taylor's double of 142 and 74. He was not invited to the tour debrief.

"I thought I'd get input as the captain, but they never asked my opinion."
Hesson and Taylor's relationship was never functional:
"It wasn't huge shock. Hesson never supported me through the whole time I'd been captain, but I was surprised by the timing."

SilentOne

U19 12th Man
Veitchy interviewing Taylor on Radio sport now.

Taylor said he felt his captaincy under Hesson wouldn't last 12 months after his very first meeting with him.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Here we have one player's version of events make absolute logical sense, while the CEO and the coach continue to sell lies.

Their story doesn't even come close to being credible. Have they no shame?

Tricia McMillan

U19 Captain
I'm late to the thread party (getting cricket news in the United States is tricky, sometimes I completely miss something if I'm not actively looking for it).

However...

What... the... !"£$!%$!£^%£"*^£$&%!)"£&%)*!"%"

I'm just lost for words in response to this decision. Completely lost.

Flametree

International 12th Man
I'm late to the thread party (getting cricket news in the United States is tricky, sometimes I completely miss something if I'm not actively looking for it).

However...

What... the... !"£$!%$!£^%£"*^£$&%!)"£&%)*!"%"

I'm just lost for words in response to this decision. Completely lost.
Nice summary of the previous 36 pages of this thread. Not often we find so many folk pretty much unanimous about something. And the media seem to be on the same wavelength (I watched The Crowd Goes Wild on Prime specifically to see their take on this... typically blunt). Also similar responses on the BlackCaps facebook page (though there is one staunch supporter of McCullum on there who may be Stu, Nathan or his mother in disguise).

I wonder if White, Hesson, McCullum and co read any of it?

Days of Grace

International Captain
So, in conclusion, either Hesson or Taylor is lying. Which one of them is it?

If it is Hesson, why is he still saying the same thing as he was yesterday after Taylor told his version of the story?

Geez, Taylor is such a gun. Normally this **** only comes out in books 5 years later, but he has chosen to voice what really went on now. WAFG. Can't imagine White or Hesson are happy with him not toeing the party line.

Last edited:

BeeGee

International Captain
wtf you're in the usa and have pound symbol on your keyboard?!!?!
Just as an aside... Americans call the hash symbol (#) pound. First day I moved over here and I'm listening to an auto phone menu system and the voice says, "Please enter your phone number then hit the pound key."
Pound key? What ****ing pound key? Since when does a phone have a ****ing pound key? You stupid ****ing bitch!

Flem274*

123/5
Ross Taylor talks to Tony Veitch - On Demand Player - Keep up with Newstalk ZB

Great interview here from Taylor, you can get Hessons interview there also.
Sri Lanka was Taylor's finest hour as captain without a doubt. Told management where to go, made sure none of his team except his best mate Guptill found out what was going on so they weren't affected on the field, failed in the first test horrendously and under all this pressure he rallied the side to victory in the second test and got man of the match to boot.

That's even more reason to keep him on as the skipper.

Oh awesome, as I listen he's slamming management and NZC, but with amazing restraint. It's logical, calm criticism. WAG!

"Someone is not telling the truth Ross."

"Correct"

Poor bloke sounds exhausted, and Veitch is in shock at some of the things Taylor is saying.

edit: holy ****, he's going into what he was thinking during the second test and this blokes application is unbelievable.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
I'll play some games for CD...

Shield. Bag. Lets go.

On the question of why he hasn't thrown it all in and played 20/20, Brad Hodge gets a mention..

"His life can't be that great if he's played for Northern Districts"

:lol: hero

Last edited: