• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ross Taylor likely to be shafted from the captaincy?

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
Really? Wow. I couldn't disagree more with every single thing you've just said. I watched TV3 where they laid the boot in. The questions in the conference were very heated. Andrew Mulligan launched into a very good rant against the lies and poor handling by White and Hesson. I've read elsewhere about Hesson's communication in his conversation with Ross being poor, and that what he said was contradicted in a PR statement released on Ross' behalf.

And every person I've spoken to thinks everything has gone wrong and I've not heard one say Ross is selfish.

I find it interesting that people want their side to lose, although I guess that is nothing to do with the players and the fact they don't want Hesson to come out with results at the end of it and be able to justify what has gone on.
I admit, i exaggerated a bit, but i was pretty shocked at the time when i heard that people were supporting Hesson, yes there are lot of good of good articles and rants out there, but there are also quite a few misinformed ones, while the more fanatic cricket fans seem to know whats going on, many of the more average cricket fans are confused about the issue

BackFootPunch

International 12th Man
Obviously the logic was that Rossco averaged 40ish before the captaincy, which went up to nearly 50 while he was captain. So by taking the burden off him he'd then average around 60. Seems legit.

Flem274*

123/5
Word is down in Otago country they're pretty pro McHesson. That is radiosport though so it's probably wrong.

Try not to end up in the darkest corner of a shearing shed heef.

JBH001

International Regular
What a ****ing shambles. When the **** did a no-name coach get so much power over the national side? What the **** is going on?

Meridio

International Regular
NZC are the elaborate joke. Actually, they're not very elaborate, just a joke.

Dump Hesson as coach and replace him with, I don't know, say Jeremy Wells. And get Kieran Read to quit rugby and come and captain this mob.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Love that footage of Hesson walking down the hallway flanked by a couple of 6 footers. Deadset makes him look like an 11 year old in his sunday suit.

JBH001

International Regular
In the afternoon? (Hmm, I'll be playing at Glover Park and miss it.)

I find it hard to believe the man is an innocent in all of this.