• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ross Taylor likely to be shafted from the captaincy?

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
What a joke.

I have no time for Hesson. His statements appear duplicitous given they have been refuted by Ross.

One Network news decided not to fling any mud at NZ cricket. I imagine there were a few high placed discussions about how the news would be reported.

I will have to think about my position as a fan over night. It will be tough to cheer this team on.

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
I am very annoyed at the media right now, they are sucking up to the White and Hessen bs. After talking to a few of my friends and looking at cricinfo comments, its apparent that the general public believe that nothing wrong has happened except from Taylor being selfish. Only the avid cricket fans know the full story (well as much as been revealed) so looks like they might get away with this coup

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
I'm hoping for an absolute drubbing vs SA so that Hesson eats it. What a ****ing joke.
A few people have been over this before, its the #1 team at home, so its unlikely that would work. However if we do reasonably well Hesson will be praised, its a lose lose situation

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I'm hoping for an absolute drubbing vs SA so that Hesson eats it. What a ****ing joke.
Ross should say that he doesn't want to play for Hesson and go on record as saying that.

And then just watch Hesson lose without him.

With all due respect to Peter Fulton - he is not going to average more than 30 in the test series.

Thank you for your post Morphin - I will probably join you in your hope that they get humped and lose the test in 3 days.

Flem274*

123/5
After calming down a bit I don't want the players to suffer to punish NZC's mistakes. Happens enough already.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I am very annoyed at the media right now, they are sucking up to the White and Hessen bs. After talking to a few of my friends and looking at cricinfo comments, its apparent that the general public believe that nothing wrong has happened except from Taylor being selfish. Only the avid cricket fans know the full story (well as much as been revealed) so looks like they might get away with this coup
Really? Wow. I couldn't disagree more with every single thing you've just said. I watched TV3 where they laid the boot in. The questions in the conference were very heated. Andrew Mulligan launched into a very good rant against the lies and poor handling by White and Hesson. I've read elsewhere about Hesson's communication in his conversation with Ross being poor, and that what he said was contradicted in a PR statement released on Ross' behalf.

And every person I've spoken to thinks everything has gone wrong and I've not heard one say Ross is selfish.

I find it interesting that people want their side to lose, although I guess that is nothing to do with the players and the fact they don't want Hesson to come out with results at the end of it and be able to justify what has gone on.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I find it interesting that people want their side to lose, although I guess that is nothing to do with the players and the fact they don't want Hesson to come out with results at the end of it and be able to justify what has gone on.
Doesn't feel like the team I grew up with right now. so not sure it is my team at the moment. As mentioned will sleep on it as I am in the moment right now.

Biggest drama we had in the 80s was Coney and Hadlee not talking on the field. Yet there were no machinations and no incompetent administrators or outright lies told to the NZ public by the coach.

yeah still heated right now. I will concentrate on the T20 game instead.

BackFootPunch

International 12th Man
Wait he's only captained 6 games against top 8 opposition since he took over officially. Surely that's not right.

banquetbear

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...10365216.92133.174587205937122&type=1&theater

...good game between the Blaze and the Magicians until the rain came (and they still played for a good ten minutes in pouring rain trying to finish the game) and both teams came off. There were about thirty people in the crowd, so not a bad turnout.

As I was driving home I listened to a repeat of Darcy's interview with Hesson. What a liar. Taylor has been accused of being a "poor communicator", yet here is Hesson: admitting that he didn't actually tell Taylor that he would be keeping the Test Captaincy, he just kind of assumed that he knew. Hesson needs to go. And he needs to go before the team goes to South Africa. If he had guts he would fall on his sword before being pushed. Disgraceful.

Last edited:

Neil Young

State Vice-Captain
Hesson, in the Darcy interview, couldn't even bring himself to agree Taylor was our best batsman. Said only he was our 'most consistent' batsman.

Could the bloke's agenda be any more clear?

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Hesson, in the Darcy interview, couldn't even bring himself to agree Taylor was our best batsman. Said only he was our 'most consistent' batsman.

Could the bloke's agenda be any more clear?
No no you don't understand. Hesson was acting purely in Taylor's best interests... he thought captaincy was far too stressful, and he could make it much easier for poor Rossco by giving him the 'opportunity' to just do it in one format.

What a pure, kind-spirited person.