• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ross Taylor likely to be shafted from the captaincy?

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Buchanan's recommendation following his review was that Taylor stay on as captain.

What's the point in his role if the coach is given the power to make this decision which also goes against the Board's decision 18 months ago?

Why is NZC employing him if not to make these calls?

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
There has already been media reports about David White not having confidence in Buchanan. Or not seeing the point of his position. A Vaughan appointment he can't afford (monetary) to discontinue early.

Edit: in response to hendrix above, was meant to quote

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Buchanan's recommendation following his review was that Taylor stay on as captain.

What's the point in his role if the coach is given the power to make this decision which also goes against the Board's decision 18 months ago?

Why is NZC employing him if not to make these calls?
My guess is that Buchanan is on the sidelines and rightly or wrongly no-one listens to him and he has no power any more.

Your mama

Cricket Spectator
If you're Ross taylor how the **** can you ever work with snakes like mccullum again?

Ross should just quit NZC and make his money somewhere else

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Send CD to SA

How
Raval
Sinclair
Taylor
Cachopa
van Wyk( wk)
KNB (c)
Bracewell
Wheeler
Milne
Mathieson
Pfft. Top order to face Steyn and Morkel on a fast bouncy wicket in South Africa:

David White
Mike Hesson
Mike Sandle
Justin Vaughan
John Buchanan
Littlejohn
Chris Moller

Protective equipment not allowed

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
If you're Ross taylor how the **** can you ever work with snakes like mccullum again?
I still haven't seen or heard any evidence to suggest that McCullum was deliberately working to undermine Taylor and replace him. This move seems to have come from Hesson who decided that he was unable to maintain a working relationship with Taylor.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
There has already been media reports about David White not having confidence in Buchanan. Or not seeing the point of his position. A Vaughan appointment he can't afford (monetary) to discontinue early.

Edit: in response to hendrix above, was meant to quote
My guess is that Buchanan is on the sidelines and rightly or wrongly no-one listens to him and he has no power any more.
Yet they sent him to SL to conduct a review...then promptly ignored his review.

Reminds me of my time in basic training in the NZDF.
"Everyone take apart your bedroll"
"You guys have done that? Now put them back together!"

Except they're actually paying this guy the big bucks.

Binkley

U19 Captain
Ross Taylor has just put out a press release.

"I was told of the decision by NZ Cricket to change the captaincy on Tuesday of this week. It was sad and disappointing from a personal perspective but it did not come as a great surprise," Taylor said.

"Mike Hesson, Mike Sandle and Bob Carter met with me just prior to the first test in Sri Lanka and raised concerns about my captaincy. The following day Mike Hesson said he did not want me to captain the team after the tour.

"Obviously the news and the timing was distressing but I was very focused on leading the team and putting everything I had into what was happening on the field, not off the field.

"It has been a very challenging and pressured time and I don't believe I can give 100 per cent to the game at this time. I have decided that it is best for everyone if I decline the test captaincy offer which could be confusing in terms of leadership for the team.

"Cricket is my life and my passion. I love the game and I love playing for my country. But taking a break is the right thing for me right now. My family and friends support my decisions that I have made after very serious thought and consideration.

"However I want people to know that I am determined to contribute to the Black Caps team in the future and help whoever is in charge to win games of cricket for New Zealand. That is my passion and it will continue to be so. We all need to show leadership in our own way, at all times, regardless of who is in charge.

"Brendon McCullum has been named captain and I wish him every success."

Taylor said he was also humbled by the strong support that fans had shown him in the wake of his demise.

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Hesson now trying to cover his arse by claiming that he always wanted Ross to continue as the captain of the test team, and that Taylor misunderstood him when he suggested standing down after the SL tour.

Bull****.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
So White and Hesson are both compulsive arse-coverers and both think they can put forward mistruths, spin and the occasional outright lie and it will be swallowed up by fans and media.

I just don't know how NZ cricket can continue with these two people in positions of authority.

Mixmasterreece

U19 Debutant
Pretty sure Jesse clearly has no intention of playing for the BCs again going by his retweets https://twitter.com/DijaRyder

Matt Matahaere ‏@EssDotBlack

Why is New Zealand Cricket pushing out our Maori and Pacific Island cricketers with Jesse and now Ross? #OldWhiteBoysClub
Retweeted by Dija

JabberwockyNZ ‏@BenLarter

@DijaRyder I think ALOT more people will now understand your decision to take time away from the toxic environment after this #nzcricketcoup
Retweeted by Dija

Blain

U19 Captain
Sh*t Ross is handling this well. What a top bloke. Great to hear he is still keen to be involved regardless of the bull**** going on.