• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ross Taylor likely to be shafted from the captaincy?

Meridio

International Regular
What was that Atapattu quote about the SL board? A bunch of muppets headed by a joker? Or was it a bunch of jokers headed by a muppet? Either way, feels appropriate now for NZC. Though doesn't really convey the appropriate level of underhandedness, deviousness and dishonesty.

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Was reading all out cricket earlier. It mentioned how New Zealand cricket was once described to the magazine.

"The only reason someone would stab you in the front would be that there wasn't space for another knife in your back."

It seemed appropriate.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
If the NZC are going to be such disingenuos ****s then I'm done. I'm not watching this team anymore until we get some accountability for this fiasco.
We're never going to see any accountability for this. Even down to the NZC structure it's completely unclear who is responsible for anything. Perfect corporate structure for diffusing all responsibility.

I'm unsure if I'll watch NZ play SA. I'll probably watch the tests tbh. I still like some of the players. Have to feel for them - some of them anyway.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
I have an urge to burn an effigy.

I am so disappointed.

Self inflicted. I had high hopes for David White, and delighted he fixed the domestic calendar. Lost all confidence in him now.

I'm backing Ross.

And you know what? This isn't going to just go away. 90% of the fan base are alienated, and we all know it's not going to work out anyway and we will just have to fix the mess up at a later date once the CEO or board realize they are going to continue to be criticized and hounded.

Basically, going through the motions until this is sorted out properly.

99*

International Debutant
This honestly makes me sick.

The Cubans could take lesson from NZC on Nepotism.

BeeGee

International Captain
Taylor should organize a rebel tour to SA (there is historical precedent):

Timmy Mac
Fulton
Sinclair
Taylor*
Ryder
Broom
Hopkins+
Butler
Wagner
McKay
Martin

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Probably time to change the title of the thread to Ross Taylor shafted from the captaincy.

Flem274*

123/5
Send CD to SA

How
Raval
Sinclair
Taylor
Cachopa
van Wyk( wk)
KNB (c)
Bracewell
Wheeler
Milne
Mathieson

Better than

Guptill
Mc****
Williamson
Flynn
Brownlie
Franklin
Watling?
Wagner
Southee
Jeets
Boult

Plus Rossco might be able to convince Jesse to come and play, so switch one of the batsmen for Jesse in that CD side.:ph34r: