Page 22 of 59 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Ross Taylor likely to be shafted from the captaincy?

International Vice-Captain Howsie's Avatar
    Super Mario Rampage 1 Champion!
    Boom, the first casualty.

The Black Caps captaincy crisis has suffered its first major casualty with former great Martin Crowe quitting his role as a New Zealand Cricket talent scout.

Crowe, who has kept a low public profile since confirming his cancer diagnosis in October, was only appointed with another former captain Glen Turner last month but is said to be disgusted with the treatment of current captain Ross Taylor.
    Taylor mistreatment causes Crowe to quit - Cricket News | TVNZ
    Northern Districts
    Proudly supporting KS Williamson, TG Southee, TA Boult, DR Flynn, BJ Watling, CJ Anderson and IS Sodhi

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    at that photo of Crowe. Whoever picks the photos deserves a pay rise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by Howsie View Post
    Big loss IMO. Crowe loves a flounce (zinzan to confirm) but he knows his stuff and I think he would've been a real asset in that role. We were only saying the other day that it was unlikely Munro would end up in the Test side because Crowe would no doubt report his shortcomings to the selection panel; things like that would've made him a real positive in terms of both youth development and senior selection.
    ~ Cribbage ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

International Regular NasserFan207's Avatar
    Crowe (y)

There should be a mass walkout. Teach those muppets a lesson and take back NZC for people with common sense
    Last edited by NasserFan207; 06-12-2012 at 12:54 AM.
    Batsman I tolerate: V. Richards, S. Tendulkar, E. Morgan, N. Hussain. KEVIN O F******* BRIEN

Yep, I'm shattered tbh. Now it's back to Kim Lawnbowls and six biased domestic coaches.

Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    What I don't understand is why Hesson has committed career suicide.

He will never coach professionally again if he can't stay on and lead this side to the top. He has risked everything here.
    Yes. In volunteer organisations I have been in you get some pretty crazy behaviour and power games. In the workplace where money is on the line people are generally rational because it is their career on the line. This is not rational from Hesson.

Raw speculation here -
    I can only imagine that he gained support from some supporters in back room deals for his coaching bid on the understanding that he would bring Brendon into power. Now he wants to keep his word to those people and keep promises.

He seemed determined from day one.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

Trent Woodhill - The way @RossLTaylor has been treated by the CEO, Blackcaps manager & coaching staff is a bloody disgrace. They should be made accountable.

A lot of support coming through for Taylor, from ex players, coaches, the public. Personally I can't see how Mike Hesson makes it to 2013, he's done. How he was hired to begin with if he had no desire to work with Taylor I have no idea but it's either him or Ross and in no shape or form can you back Hesson.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Yes. In volunteer organisations I have been in you get some pretty crazy behaviour and power games. In the workplace where money is on the line people are generally rational because it is their career on the line. This is not rational from Hesson.

Raw speculation here -
    I can only imagine that he gained support from some supporters in back room deals for his coaching bid on the understanding that he would bring Brendon into power. Now he wants to keep his word to those people and keep promises.

That theory sounds reasonable to me.
    Last edited by Flem274*; 06-12-2012 at 01:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Big loss IMO. Crowe loves a flounce (zinzan to confirm)
    Lol @ me confirming? All because I didn't believe it was him posting here right off the bat?

On a serious note, so much for my theory about the likes of a Crowe getting in Taylor's ear about still playing on even if it happens. I mean good on Crowe for standing up on principle but also adds to the likelihood that Taylor may walk.

On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinzan View Post
    On a serious note, so much for my theory about the likes of a Crowe getting in Taylor's ear about still playing on even if it happens. I mean good on Crowe for standing up on principle but also adds to the likelihood that Taylor may walk.
    Yeah, seems quite likely that this is because Crowe has already been given notice that Taylor has been stood down as captain and has decided to make himself unavailable for the SAF tour.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Raw speculation here -

Reminds me of how Laurie Mains wanted his fellow Otago man Mike Brewer as captain when he became All Blacks coach. Of course Brewer got injured during a trial and he had to go with Fitzpatrick. He made it work though. Shame Hesson apparently couldn't do the same with Taylor.

Would be funny if thousands of people protest outside NZ cricket headquarters tomorrow and it makes the news.

Quote Originally Posted by Howsie View Post
    Yep, I'm shattered tbh. Now it's back to Kim Lawnbowls and six biased domestic coaches.
    I don't really know why the lawnbowls guy is continuously brought up.

There's no evidence of his incompetence here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post
    Yeah, seems quite likely that this is because Crowe has already been given notice that Taylor has been stood down as captain and has decided to make himself unavailable for the SAF tour.
    Yup, writings on the wall for sure. Gutted

Quote Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
    I don't really know why the lawnbowls guy is continuously brought up.

There's no evidence of his incompetence here.
    His incompetence is his background in bowls and not cricket selection. End of story.

Page 22 of 59 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread Information