• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ross Taylor likely to be shafted from the captaincy?

Flem274*

123/5
Also, White keeps claiming Hesson still wanted Taylor as Test captain, yet that doesn't explain why Hesson told Taylor to consider quitting from the captaincy all together prior to the 1st test in Galle.
He's been caught lying.

Hope this gets on Campbell Live and John Campbell attacks White like he did Ken Ring. Would be the best thing on TV all year.

Binkley

U19 Captain
What a pile of arse-covering nonsense. This makes me so angry. Our best player by a million miles has just been forced away from the game and no-one from NZ Cricket taking accountability at all. And no Mr White, saying "I am responsible" does not count as "being responsible" when you follow up with a pile of whoppers and then walk away with your job at the end of it.

Blain

U19 Captain
They have f*cked over our best player again, after they F*cked Bond over. What retards. They could have gone about it a different way and Taylor probably would have stayed as test captain.

Retards.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He's been caught lying.

Hope this gets on Campbell Live and John Campbell attacks White like he did Ken Ring. Would be the best thing on TV all year.
Wtf, NZ cricket make Ken Ring look like Mother Teresa

Flem274*

123/5
Yeah, disappointing. He was actually a name that came to mind when I was thinking about who could come in and straighten **** up as coach if we dump Hesson.
I think that while Fleming might support a captaincy change, he has the man management skills to implement it if the time is right and in a much better fashion. If he had been coach in the first place (he turned it down I know) then this could have been handled far better.

While not many people want McCullum captain, it's Taylor's treatment that is the truly dire story here. This is a textbook case for how not to change the leadership.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
And no Mr White, saying "I am responsible" does not count as "being responsible" when you follow up with a pile of whoppers and then walk away with your job at the end of it.
Frikken oath.

I am so angry about this.

Turns out Buchanan was the only one with some sense.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
There is no point in asking White any more questions because he will just going to continue to lie through his teeth.

What a joke.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
The three most talented batsmen of the generation:

Ryder
Taylor
Williamson

Now how can we **** up this last one?

Meridio

International Regular
What a ****ing debacle. Lying, two-faced, gutless bastards.

Honestly, the captaincy has been the least of New Zealand cricket's problems since Taylor took over. We don't lose games because of poor captaincy, we lose them because our players aren't good enough. Particularly our batsmen, with the obvious exception of (guess who) Taylor.

Will McCullum being captain stop Guptill going too hard at the ball? No.
Will McCullum being captain stop Williamson flirting outside off stump? No.
Will McCullum being captain stop Flynn throwing away starts? No.
Will McCullum being captain give us a decent number 6? No.
Will McCullum being captain give us a decent wicketkeeper/batsman? No. Oh, hang on, McCullum was one at one point.
Will McCullum being captain stop McCullum from hitting the ball in the air at fielders? Well, maybe, but I highly doubt it.

Seems like blatant scapegoating, and the way it has been done is despicable. And we've lost our best batsman to boot. Yeah, I'm going to spend my day tomorrow composing a message to NZC.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Maybe the subcontinent have it right. The PCB would have been firebombed by now.

Maybe some flaming turds will do the trick.

BackFootPunch

International 12th Man
Jesus H ****. This is a horrendous case of mismanagement and even blatant lying on David White's part. We've just lost our best batsman ahead of a tour to the top team in the world. What the **** were these muppets thinking?

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Loved White's comments:

"We are now ranked 9th behind Bangladesh."

...was waiting for someone to ask if he would prefer us to be in the associate league...

complete in utter wanker.

Refusing to make the hard call to drop the incompetent coach.

Noone has taken responsibility whatsoever.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Of course the other thing that is unclear is whether Taylor will be the Test Captain if he does return for the English series which fortunately sounds likely.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Of course the other thing that is unclear is whether Taylor will be the Test Captain if he does return for the English series which fortunately sounds likely.
Can't see that happening even if he does return

Here's a picture of Hesson in that scenario

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Love all the talk about the ODI team's poor performances.

McCullum was the ODI captain during our series against SA earlier this year. I can't quite recall what happened in that series, but I'm sure it had to be brilliant to justify him getting the captaincy, rite?

The truth is that Taylor has only really had one series as ODI captain - the tour of the West Indies. That series wasn't helped by McCullum not turning up until halfway through, the lack of a tour preparation camp, senior players jetting in from all corners of the world at the last minute etc.

The SL series was so rain affected, you can't possibly claim that Taylor was responsible for the 3-0 result.

And as for T20's, New Zealand beat India in India under Taylor and tied games with the two eventual finalists of the T20 world cup.

If the NZC are going to be such disingenuos ****s then I'm done. I'm not watching this team anymore until we get some accountability for this fiasco.