• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ross Taylor likely to be shafted from the captaincy?

BeeGee

International Captain
What an absolute cluster. I may actually want NZ to be beaten in SA after this.
I'll be backing SA on this tour. I want NZ to be royally butt ****ed by SA, to the point that a public inquiry into NZC's shenanigans is demanded on their return.

I've had it with those idiots. We lost Bond, Wright and now Crowe and Taylor due to NZC incompetence. It has to stop.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
The Wellington Blaze are playing the Canterbury Magicians tomorrow at Linden Park tomorrow. I think I'll go along and give them my support. I have no doubt I'll be one of only about ten spectators going to the game. At least the women's game isn't shrouded in controversy. If the weather holds out it will probably be a good game too.
Yeah, but it's still women playing cricket.

I'll be backing SA on this tour.
Good-o. Make sure your knee doesn't hit your jaw too hard.

Binkley

U19 Captain
I am no lawyer, but it seems to me that Rosco has perfectly good grounds for making a personal grievance claim against NZ Cricket. A boss was appointed who failed to support him from the get-go ("Ross Taylor was appointed by the Board"); then the boss recommended that he be sacked (with no good grounds that I am aware of); then the boss's boss (Buchanan) rejected that recommendation; and then NZ Cricket failed to provide even the slightest bit of support before accepting that rejected recommendation and sacking him.

Any employment court worth its salt is likely to fine NZ Cricket a crapload and then require them to reinstate Ross to his previous position.

And, this would all be hilarious to watch.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
So this press conference starts in what 10-15 mins?

Not getting my hopes up of any real answers (beyond the expected announcement) - just corporate babble to protect those involved and bland weasly words to obfuscate responsibility.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So this press conference starts in what 10-15 mins?

Not getting my hopes up of any real answers (beyond the expected announcement) - just corporate babble to protect those involved and bland weasly words to obfuscate responsibility.
Exactly Straw, we're all waiting with bated breath to find out what we already know. :p Go figure.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Latest rumours on radio sport seem to suggest that Taylor is likely to make himself unavailable for NZ for longer than just the SA tour.

YAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHHH.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
McCullum captain of all three forms.

Taylor sitting out SA tour. Likely to return for the England series in February.

Binkley

U19 Captain
The most recent article on the Black Caps "International team news" page is the one boasting about Ross Taylor's rise into the top 10 of the ICC batting rankings. The fact that the next article will probably announce his sacking and "decision to take time out of the game" (or whatever weasel words they will use to pretend they had nothing to do with this) will be kinda hilarious. But only in a very black way.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
White lost me at 'Ross declined the OPPORTUNITY' to keep the Test captaincy and lose it in limited overs.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
David White is lying.

It's pretty accepted by most parties that Ross was asked to step down from TEST CAPTAINCY by Hesson before the SL tests.

99*

International Debutant
If Mike Hesson wanted Taylor to stay Test captain to focus better on it why did he ask him to stand down after the first SL test?

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
David White going full ****** now, talking about how the captaincy of the shorter-form of the game was too much of a workload for Ross.

99*

International Debutant
So they wanted split captains because the was too much work for one person to be captain of all forms.

But now McCullum is captain in all three forms. /sureeeeeee

Flem274*

123/5
He didn't lose the captaincy he was offered the test captaincy

workload for a young captain was a lot

Liar. Hesson wanted him to step down in all three forms.

Fire this muppet. Fire the board. Fire Hesson. SPARC to step in like they did with Rugby League.

He hasn't lost the dressing room

Then why ****ing fire him?

Our performance is not good enough

That's what happens when you have a dire board

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Some classic bull**** so far:

David White on Ross Taylor
"He's a popular player and we fully support him"

David White on Mike Hesson
"He felt it would be better for Ross"
"He felt the workload was a lot and should be shared"

and the pearler...

David White on Ross Taylor
"He didn't lose the captaincy. He was offerred the test captaincy"

HolyHandGrenade

Cricket Spectator
This is just pathetic, Hesson and NZC are caught with a smoking gun, screaming blue bloody murder that it wasn't their fault, and they're going to get away with it.