• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ross Taylor likely to be shafted from the captaincy?

Flem274*

123/5
KNB 4 captain.

Big hitting allrounder who bowls surprisingly effective medium pace, captains the most successful domestic team and has elevated himself to number five in his team to lead from the front. He also has a very kiwi name. He is the quintessential kiwi cricketer, how is he not in the test team yet? (face)

We should all exclusively refer to Bahnz as Darlingface from now on.
I was hoping Eeyore would catch on but Darlingface is so much better.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Can we try Ross as opening and Jesse slithering in the middle somewhere?
You definitely ring talkback. Cyril from Timaru, isnt it?

Isn't it funny. Ol' 'don't be a' Styris goes Nato at Rigor for having a crack in the media, and gets very bullish about any criticism of him and his mates. But he's very happy to chip in a few rupees/AU cents (whatever he's earning now) on this topic now he's out of the picture, and even wifey is on #33 reading out the bulletin.

Flem274*

123/5
All this talk of talkback (talkception) reminds me of this ATG post by a certain grumpy Aucklander.

He (Mark Watson) deserves the late shift with the glue sniffers and AA members ringing up slurring.
Some of Stevo's finest work.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
If there is a compromise on the table Ross needs to take it IMHO but he also needs to get rid of Hesson's influence so should negotiate.

I don't buy the argument that it will lead to him losing everything if he gives some control. If he gets results in tests he will be ok and should retain that job. Based on the names bandied around in here he probable has less control of the limited overs sides than he does the test side given that the ODI side has Mills and NcCullum.

Someone told me today that Jesse said he isn't coming back period until there is a change at the top?

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I wonder if Hesson himself will come to the realisation that he'll likely never be forgiven by many of the NZ public for this and hence decides to walk himself.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Someone told me today that Jesse said he isn't coming back period until there is a change at the top?
Presumably that would go further than Hesson and include the likes of White, Buchanan & the bowls fairy.

Flem274*

123/5
What I don't understand is why Hesson has committed career suicide.

He will never coach professionally again if he can't stay on and lead this side to the top. He has risked everything here.

Howsie

International Captain
Boom, the first casualty.

The Black Caps captaincy crisis has suffered its first major casualty with former great Martin Crowe quitting his role as a New Zealand Cricket talent scout.

Crowe, who has kept a low public profile since confirming his cancer diagnosis in October, was only appointed with another former captain Glen Turner last month but is said to be disgusted with the treatment of current captain Ross Taylor.
Taylor mistreatment causes Crowe to quit - Cricket News | TVNZ

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Big loss IMO. Crowe loves a flounce (zinzan to confirm) but he knows his stuff and I think he would've been a real asset in that role. We were only saying the other day that it was unlikely Munro would end up in the Test side because Crowe would no doubt report his shortcomings to the selection panel; things like that would've made him a real positive in terms of both youth development and senior selection.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Crowe (y)

There should be a mass walkout. Teach those muppets a lesson and take back NZC for people with common sense

Last edited:

Howsie

International Captain
Yep, I'm shattered tbh. Now it's back to Kim Lawnbowls and six biased domestic coaches.