Page 15 of 59 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Ross Taylor likely to be shafted from the captaincy?

International Vice-Captain Mike5181's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeGee View Post
    Would love to hear the NZC logic (oxymoron) behind stripping Taylor of the T20 and ODI captaincy, but retaining him as Test captain. He's not a good enough captain for T20, but he is good enough for Tests?

I'll lose a lot of respect for Taylor if he just rolls over and takes this.
    I'm sure I heard that White asked him to reconsider his role as test captain, might be wrong though.

Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    Would love to hear the NZC logic (oxymoron) behind stripping Taylor of the T20 and ODI captaincy, but retaining him as Test captain. He's not a good enough captain for T20, but he is good enough for Tests?

I'll lose a lot of respect for Taylor if he just rolls over and takes this.
    If a compromise saves face for everyone like giving Baz the T20 captaincy then I am happy with that outcome. Tests is where the prestige of being captain really comes into it.

However as I have posted Hesson can't stay if there is any compromise that leaves Taylor in any power position - he has outwardly gone after Ross and I don't see them having a successful relationship. Mike if he is am average human being will be keen to prove he was right all along by eventually bringing Ross down. He won't give up.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    B0nd 4 c0ach
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    McCullum becoming a real inspiration and perfect role model for all those kids at school level who demand to bat or bowl first and then take their bat and ball and leave when they get out.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, T Latham, N Broom, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, M Henry, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Howsie View Post
    Jesse Ryder - Angers me watching @RossLTaylor getting dumped on. Show him some ****ing support NZC

Obvs a big fan of New Zealand cricket....
    Was waiting for him to weigh in. He is New Zealand Cricket, after all.

International Vice-Captain BeeGee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5181 View Post
    I'm sure I heard that White asked him to reconsider his role as test captain, might be wrong though.
    Yeah, he did, and that's the way you do these things.

You want him gone as captain so you take away T20 and ODI (you can legitimately point to team performance as the reason) and ask him to reconsider his position as Test captain, hoping he will resign, in which case you can announce it was his decision to step down as Test captain.
    If he doesn't step down, in a season or two, you can point out how well the T20 and ODI teams are going under their new captain, and for continuity sake, you can then give the replacement the Test captaincy also.

It's the classic corporate move, if you don't have the balls or guts to fire someone outright, then take away their power until they resign. If they don't resign, continue to undermine them until you can fire them and no one will care because they don't have any power or influence anymore anyway.

I know why they're doing it, I just want to hear them justify it.

On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Wonder if his comment will be held against him selection wise if Taylor is dumped.

Jesse and Ross go back quite a ways don't they in age group cricket.
    Yep, they were flatmates together in their early CD days, before Jesse had his first meltdown back in the early 00's.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Ryder was always going to support Taylor. They go way back, I believe.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

I've studied politics in one course in university. They say that your true friends stand up for you when the chips are down and there is personal political damage to be suffered from saying something. So Jesse is being quality here.

International Vice-Captain BeeGee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    If a compromise saves face for everyone like giving Baz the T20 captaincy then I am happy with that outcome.
    I don't want anyone to save face over this. I want heads to roll.

On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    I hate to say it, but the only head that will roll is Ross'. NZC aren't going to face the ignominy of being forced to change coach again, so the only option they have left is to follow through with the captaincy change. They're just playing for time and thinking of how best to present this to the public.
    Last edited by Bahnz; 05-12-2012 at 01:32 AM.

International Vice-Captain Mike5181's Avatar
    Yeah, he did, and that's the way you do these things.

You want him gone as captain so you take away T20 and ODI (you can legitimately point to team performance as the reason) and ask him to reconsider his position as Test captain, hoping he will resign, in which case you can announce it was his decision to step down as Test captain.
    If he doesn't step down, in a season or two, you can point out how well the T20 and ODI teams are going under their new captain, and for continuity sake, you can then give the replacement the Test captaincy also.

It's the classic corporate move, if you don't have the balls or guts to fire someone outright, then take away their power until they resign. If they don't resign, continue to undermine them until you can fire them and no one will care because they don't have any power or influence anymore anyway.

I know why they're doing it, I just want to hear them justify it.
    To be fair, if results improved in T20s/ODIs with McCullum as captain, that would be a legitimate reason to give him the test captaincy.

the ineptitude starts at the very top. So who will be the person to clean house?

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    To be fair, if results improved in T20s/ODIs with McCullum as captain, that would be a legitimate reason to give him the test captaincy.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post
    I hate to say it, but the only head that will roll is Ross'. NZC aren't go face the ignominy of being forced to change coach again, so the only option they have left is to follow through with the captaincy change. They're just playing for time and thinking of how best to present this to the public.
    B0ndy
    Hunty
    Sidd0nzy

Buchanan could even man up.

I want Littlejohn out. Pie chart man can't even read his own damn charts properly if he supports this.

Page 15 of 59 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread Information