• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ross Taylor likely to be shafted from the captaincy?

BeeGee

International Captain
I must say it irks me reading comments such as "If Taylor has any pride at all, he won't tour" or as one guy on here said "I'll actually lose respect for him if he doesn't tell NZ cricket where to go".

I for one could certainly understand if he did take such a stance, but for people to say they would lose respect if he does roll with it and decides to do his best for his country regardless is ridiculous IMO.

Maybe I'm thinking selfishly from a fans POV here, but wouldn't it be the ultimate display of 'pride' if he did suck it up (whether it's justified or not) and decided that touring would be the best thing for the NZ team and fans alike regardless of whether it's uncomfortable or not?
This isn't about country or pride. It's about the future of NZ cricket.

Taylor has been treated disgracefully by his employer and he doesn't deserve it. If he just accepts it then nothing will change and that bunch of Noddy's at NZC will happily go about destroying cricket in New Zealand for years to come.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This isn't about country or pride. It's about the future of NZ cricket.

Taylor has been treated disgracefully by his employer and he doesn't deserve it. If he just accepts it then nothing will change and that bunch of Noddy's at NZC will happily go about destroying cricket in New Zealand for years to come.
I agree about NZ cricket being a bunch of amateur jokers, especially the way this fiasco has been allowed to fester in the public for so long without any confirmation/clarification, but are you telling me if Taylor walks, that will make any difference to the NZ cricket hierarchy whatsoever? The way I see it is if Taylor does take a stance, NZ cricket will stick with Hesson regardless (otherwise this wouldn't have happened to start with) and the only losers from it all will be Taylor and us, the fans.

You see it panning out any differently?

jcas0167

International Debutant
If he doesn't tour, I'm guessing Flynn would move to no4 and Brownlie will slot back in at no5? Astle will probably retain the no6 spot.

Zinzan

If he doesn't tour, I'm guessing Flynn would move to no4 and Brownlie will slot back in at no5? Astle will probably retain the no6 spot.
Oooh Steyn, Morkel & co will be shaking in their boots about that prospect :mellow:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
i must say it irks me reading comments such as "if taylor has any pride at all, he won't tour" or as one guy on here said "i'll actually lose respect for him if he doesn't tell nz cricket where to go".

I for one could certainly understand if he did take such a stance, but for people to say they would lose respect if he does roll with it and decides to do his best for his country regardless is ridiculous imo.

Maybe i'm thinking selfishly from a fans pov here, but wouldn't it be the ultimate display of 'pride' if he did suck it up (whether it's justified or not) and decided that touring would be the best thing for the nz team and fans alike regardless of whether it's uncomfortable or not?
+1

BeeGee

International Captain
I agree about NZ cricket being a bunch of amateur jokers, especially the way this fiasco has been allowed to fester in the public for so long without any confirmation/clarification, but are you telling me if Taylor walks, that will make any difference to the NZ cricket hierarchy whatsoever? The way I see it is if Taylor does take a stance, NZ cricket will stick with Hesson regardless (otherwise this wouldn't have happened to start with) and the only losers from it all will be Taylor and us, the fans.

You see it panning out any differently?
If Taylor walks and NZ are destroyed and embarrassed in SA, I'm hoping that the public and media outcry will bring things to a head and something will have to give at NZC. I want to see a resignation from White.

It probably won't happen, but it really, really needs to. I don't want the future of NZ cricket in the hands of these clowns.

Flem274*

123/5
The resignation of the CEO won't change the culture. They were just as dire under Vaughan.

How many board members have walked the plank over the years?

But we definitely need either mass clearout or a mass kick up the jacksie.

Zinzan

If Taylor walks and NZ are destroyed and embarrassed in SA, I'm hoping that the public and media outcry will bring things to a head and something will have to give at NZC. I want to see a resignation from White.

It probably won't happen, but it really, really needs to. I don't want the future of NZ cricket in the hands of these clowns.
Disagree, even If we get hammered in both tests by an innings, they'll just claim it was the no 1 team in the world at home and ask what people expected.

Besides, I think you'll find NZ cricket will cop an absolute caning from the media post their press conference on Friday regardless, but I very much doubt Taylor becoming a martyr will help in having these muppets ousted anyway. If anything it will probably make it more unlikely as supporting a martyr would probably been seen as setting a dangerous precedence for the future.

Fundamentally I agree with you on all your points, but unfortunately in reality I think Taylor and NZ cricket fans will be the only ones to lose out.

Flem274*

123/5
Central Districts should just sucede from New Zealand.
I beat you to it ****.

But yes, yes we should. You might have missed it but Jesse backed Taylor on the twitter box. All the more reason to go our own way because I'm sure he would come home if we did.:happy:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I beat you to it ****.

But yes, yes we should. You might have missed it but Jesse backed Taylor on the twitter box. All the more reason to go our own way because I'm sure he would come home if we did.:happy:
Yeah, seeing the post about Jesse is what made me decide to dig up this old chestnut again. :p

Sinclair, Taylor, Ryder and Cachopa is a better middle order than what the rest of New Zealand would come up for a start, and everyone knows that all the most promising bowlers outside of the Test side (plus one in it) currently play for CD as well.

Zinzan

Incidentally, say what you like about Martin Snedden, but this would never have transpired the way it has on his watch.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Seeing as he's lost the captaincy and isn't going to South Africa I'd say "something has happened"
Have we actually had confirmation of this yet?

They have a pretty ****ing simple decision to make. The more this is drawn out, the worse it's going to get.

Flem274*

123/5
Woah just saw the Styris tweet on the news.

Even don't be a Styris is dumping on you Hesson. How do you feel son?

Yeah, seeing the post about Jesse is what made me decide to dig up this old chestnut again. :p

Sinclair, Taylor, Ryder and Cachopa is a better middle order than what the rest of New Zealand would come up for a start, and everyone knows that all the most promising bowlers outside of the Test side (plus one in it) currently play for CD as well.
:wub:

Zinzan

BTW, I'd love to know who all these anonymous/private 'sources' are the media always refer to when they say they have something on 'good authority'. :p