Page 12 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Ross Taylor likely to be shafted from the captaincy?

Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post
    This is worse than what Crowe had to deal with. You can say what you like about Ken Rutherford, but at least he was just a mere opportunist. When Crowe got injured, he jumped on the chance to be captain and refused to leave when Crowe returned (which, given how injury prone Crowe was in the final years of his career, probably wasn't a bad thing). McCullum and Hesson have carried out a coup, almost entirely in the public eye, that has humiliated and degraded New Zealand Cricket's biggest asset. It's a shambles even for this cricketing administration.
    I agree with that, Crowe's case was different in nature, and as I said I wouldn't blame Taylor for pulling the pin on the tour I'm just hoping like hell he tours regardless of what happens.

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    The old boys network is terrible in NZ cricket. How do we end up with such diabolical piles of excrement as Daniel Vettori's biography and the oxygen thief Millmow writing articles on cricket? I see Craig McMillan commenting on stuff about the situation today. Retire from cricket, your old buddies will find you a cushy job where you can comment on situations from your ivory towers based on your experiences back in the day. Bugger off.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

School Boy/Girl Cricketer Grasshopper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by banquetbear View Post
    ...agreed. Remember both Guptill and Bracewell were not picked for the early part of the tour for a couple of bizarre reasons. The conspiracy theorist in me wants to think that they were kept at home so that Taylor would not have a support network around him before being asked to resign.

I'm another lurker and long time supporter of New Zealand Cricket who has registered because I just have the need to rant. New Zealand Cricket needs to be cleared out. This whole thing is disgraceful.

Richard Boock was just on the Radio Sport and he exemplified what is wrong with the cricket fraternity. He claimed John Wright left as coach because he "didn't like filling out forms." He claimed that he had heard from players that Taylor had been swearing at them and that this shouldn't happen any more and that it was an employment issue. Minutes after he made these claims someone apparently contacted Brendan Telfar on behalf of Taylor (who must have been listening) to state on the record that Taylor had never ever sworn at any individual players but he had sworn on occasion in the dressing room. Boock's response was (paraphrased) "See? I'm right."

The old heads on the radio seem to be calling it as it is. Waddle sounded as fired up as I've ever heard him and Telfer was openly laughing at Boock's assertions. On the flipside Kent Johns is on the radio right now talking a load of rubbish. And I haven't listened to talk radio in about five years.
    Great first post. I couldn't agree more, especially with the bolded bit. I was hoping like hell that John Wright would keep the job, but the win in Colombo seemed to give hope the side was finally moving forward from his departure...and now this. It's just so disappointing and frustrating for NZ's long-suffering supporters.

Whatever the outcome of this latest fiasco, I already feel gutted. Get your sh*t together, NZC.

International Captain straw man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    The old boys network is terrible in NZ cricket. How do we end up with such diabolical piles of excrement as Daniel Vettori's biography and the oxygen thief Millmow writing articles on cricket? I see Craig McMillan commenting on stuff about the situation today. Retire from cricket, your old buddies will find you a cushy job where you can comment on situations from your ivory towers based on your experiences back in the day. Bugger off.
    I KNEW it was somehow Millmow's fault

State Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    Trent Woodhill ‏@TrentWoodhill
    @RossLTaylor great stuff buddy, result not possible without your leadership. Preparation irrelevant without application. You showed the way.
    Retweeted by Martin Guptill

https://twitter.com/Martyguptill/sta...223873/photo/1
    It's no secret that Woodhill is good mates with Ross from the Daredevils. Guppy and Ross are close - Laura McG goes out with Gup, Ross and her are good friends and her old lady is his manager.

All this chaos theory stuff about Gup being rested, Doug too to isolate Ross is far fetched. But I don't blame anyone for searching for answers, the media probably stretching the truth when all the poor management from all sectors of NZC has led to this. We're not getting answers, so we search for our own.

And just as an aside, Millmow is so far from being in an old boys club it's not funny. He wishes he was...

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    I don't really know what to say anymore. I agree with everyone in here. I'm just gutted. The most gutted I have ever been as a sports fan. Welcome to the newbies btw, sucks you have to join on a day like this. God I hate NZC so so much.

If this coup goes as expected, I won't be supporting the team as a whole anymore. I can't support a NZ side fronted by a pair of such utter wankers. Good to know we're starting to get some names.

I want to support individual players, but without knowing who is involved in this I can only go on their on field attitudes. I really can't see the younger players getting involved in this, so I'm looking squarely at the likes of Vettori.

Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    Trent Woodhill ‏@TrentWoodhill
    @RossLTaylor great stuff buddy, result not possible without your leadership. Preparation irrelevant without application. You showed the way.
    Retweeted by Martin Guptill

https://twitter.com/Martyguptill/sta...223873/photo/1
    Guppy WAG!

I mean, I still think he isn't good at test batting atm so I can't let myself flip flop and look insincere (though now I do wonder how much of his SL form was because of dressing room crap in his head), but I've always recognised he really really wants to be a good test player and now I really hope he does become one. He's risen in my eyes as a bloke for that retweet.

If Alan Hunt is fast enough with a cellphone or a twitter or whatever, hopefully we can get Taylor to play out the Plunket Shield. Would love it if every CD player refused to be picked, but I can definitely understand any cricketer not wanting to get a black mark against their name from NZC and McHesscum in case they actually succeed without Taylor and Ryder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

State Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post
    I'm sorry, while I agree with most of your post, you're just wrong on this. You're kidding yourself if you don't think that Vettori will walk straight back into the team once fit. Also, he's an institution of New Zealand cricket, and his opinion would count for a lot.

As for Mills, the guy may suck in t20's, but he's still been our best odi bowler over the last 6 years, and has a guaranteed spot in the team.
    I appreciate that, what I'm saying is that going forward 2-3 years Brendon won't have half a team of allies on his side. The young guys whilst not on Ross' side, have grown to respect him in their time.

On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveNZ View Post
    I appreciate that, what I'm saying is that going forward 2-3 years Brendon won't have half a team of allies on his side. The young guys whilst not on Ross' side, have grown to respect him in their time.
    Fair point.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

Dan
    Global Moderator / Cricket Web Staff Member Dan's Avatar
    A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    Guppy WAG!

I mean, I still think he isn't good at test batting atm so I can't let myself flip flop and look insincere (though now I do wonder how much of his SL form was because of dressing room crap in his head), but I've always recognised he really really wants to be a good test player and now I really hope he does become one. He's risen in my eyes as a bloke for that retweet.
    For all Guptill's failings as a Test batsman so far, you can't question his status as a ****ing top bloke and a guy who tries his best to improve. In that respect he's one guy who I really do support and want to see succeed at international level.

Quote Originally Posted by Zinzan View Post
    Fellas, see below a two-part interview with Mark Greatbatch about the whole Taylor Captaincy fiasco on the live sport breakfast show this morning.

Mark Greatbatch on the Breakfast Of Champions (part 1) - LiveSPORT Radio Audio Archive Player - Audio - LiveSPORT part 1

Mark Greatbatch on the Breakfast Of Champions (part 2) - LiveSPORT Radio Audio Archive Player - Audio - LiveSPORT part 2
    I can't get this to work. What did he have to say?

edit:

Quote Originally Posted by rvd619323 View Post
    For all Guptill's failings as a Test batsman so far, you can't question his status as a ****ing top bloke and a guy who tries his best to improve. In that respect he's one guy who I really do support and want to see succeed at international level.
    Yeah exactly. Considering how dodgy his place in the side is right now, it takes real integrity and character to even peep over the battlements and here he's all but publicly endorsed Taylor over McCullum.
    Last edited by Flem274*; 04-12-2012 at 07:43 PM.

for all guptill's failings as a test batsman so far, you can't question his status as a ****ing top bloke and a guy who tries his best to improve. In that respect he's one guy who i really do support and want to see succeed at international level.
    +1

International Debutant M0rphin3's Avatar
    for all guptill's failings as a test batsman so far, you can't question his status as a ****ing top bloke and a guy who tries his best to improve. In that respect he's one guy who i really do support and want to see succeed at international level.
    awta
    Quote Originally Posted by mudrunner View Post
    give 21yo smith a break. bradmans figures for his first few tests were comparable.....

Proud Supporter of: Shakib Al Hasan, Kane Williamson, Adam Milne

U19 Vice-Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    I can't get this to work. What did he have to say?
    Try these links:
    Code:
    http://podcast.mediaworks.co.nz/RadioLive/LiveSPORT/December12/051212_MGreatbatch1.mp3
    http://podcast.mediaworks.co.nz/RadioLive/LiveSPORT/December12/051212_MGreatbatch2.mp3

Ta

Hi,

Another newbie here. Link wouldn't work for me either.

My thoughts on the matter:

I am disgusted at NZ Cricket!
    Enjoy Christmas at home this year with family, Ross; you deserve a well earned rest brother.
    Last edited by Cloakey; 04-12-2012 at 08:02 PM. Reason: typo

Page 12 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread Information