• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best XI with connected players

bagapath

International Captain
Trying to make the best possible XI with players who have played test cricket with at least one other player in the team starting from pre WW2 era

hobbs -> bradman -> miller -> sobers -> gavaskar -> lillee -> richards -> marshall -> akram -> warne -> gilchrist>

hobbs
gavaskar
bradman
richards
sobers
miller
gilchrist (wk)
akram
marshall
warne
lillee

Last edited:

Michaelf7777777

International Debutant
Grace - Rhodes - Hobbs - Bradman - Miller - Sobers - Lillee - Hadlee - Border - Warne - Gilchrist

Grace
Hobbs
Bradman (*)
Border
Sobers
Miller
Gilchrist (+)
Rhodes
Hadlee
Warne
Lillee

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Bradman -> Hutton -> Sobers -> Gavaskar -> Hadlee -> Marshall -> Imran -> Tendulkar -> Lara -> Murali -> Gilchrist

Gavaskar
Hutton
Bradman
Tendulkar
Lara
Sobers
Gilchrist
Imran
Hadlee
Marhsall
Murali

Lot of different combinations can be made. I could insert Warne instead of Lara to make it a five men bowling attack. Equally, could insert Ambrose or McGrath. I wanted to insert Barnes, but only Hobbs could have taken it forward from him. But given that Sobers -> Gavaskar link is pretty much unbreakable, I wouldn't have needed Hutton as third opener and would have had to find place for Miller, requiring me to drop one of Imran, Hadlee and Marshall, something I didn't want to do. Imran -> Tendulkar link is also virtually unbreakable. Interesting exercise.

Last edited:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
This team goes from the first ever test (Blackham) to the current WACA test (Kallis). Each player mentioned played in the preceding player's last test match.

Jack Blackham - Johnny Briggs - Victor Trumper - Jack Hobbs - Don Bradman - Neil Harvey - Bill Lawry - Bob Willis - Malcolm Marshall - Courtney Walsh - Jaques Kallis

Jack Hobbs
Bill Lawry
Don Bradman
Jaques Kallis
Victor Trumper
Neil Harvey
Jack Blackham
Johnny Briggs
Malcolm Marshall
Courtney Walsh
Bob Willis