• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Starc vs Boult - who will have the better career?

Who will have greater success on the international stage?

• Total voters

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Battle of the cack-handed quickies, could be interesting to dig up later. Starc has more height and a spectacular inswinger, Boult has maybe touch more guile and variety at the stage. Who will go further in international cricket?

Xuhaib

International Coach
Strac has more X factor to him. Boult will prove to be a good foil to Southee.

Starc will end up with better stats.

Flem274*

123/5
Starc's just another overrated NSW hack. Doesn't come from Bowling Districts like Boult does.

/ozziebaiting

Ironic in a thread where Albert wants an excuse to fap over Boult that he's undersold him. Kid is a genuine strike bowler. I'll put it out there that I think he will be a better bowler than Southee.

This is before his serious back injury at 25 naturally.

To answer the actual comparison, I really can't say. My viewing of Starc is blurred by him bowling short and wide to Chris Martin when we were over there and that was some lolbad filth, but the lad can definitely bowl. From one match and a few overs in this Perth innings, I would say Boult is slightly sharper and swings it further but Starc gets more bounce.

Anyway I expect the poll to be won or lost based on how many neutrals cbf voting and who they end up going for. Australians will vote Starc and kiwis will vote Boult. Steve will vote Mitch M.

That and very few people have seen both bowlers bowl a lot of overs.

Last edited:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I like them both.

Boult also has a spectacular inswinger to the right hander.

Boult will probably get more opportunities than Starc and has already cemented his place due to less competition. This may give him the career advantage.

Who really knows though.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Starc's just another overrated NSW hack. Doesn't come from Bowling Districts like Boult does.

/ozziebaiting

Ironic in a thread where Albert wants an excuse to fap over Boult that he's undersold him. Kid is a genuine strike bowler. I'll put it out there that I think he will be a better bowler than Southee.

This is before his serious back injury at 25 naturally.

To answer the actual comparison, I really can't say. My viewing of Starc is blurred by him bowling short and wide to Chris Martin when we were over there and that was some lolbad filth, but the lad can definitely bowl. From one match and a few overs in this Perth innings, I would say Boult is slightly sharper and swings it further but Starc gets more bounce.

Anyway I expect the poll to be won or lost based on how many neutrals cbf voting and who they end up going for. Australians will vote Starc and kiwis will vote Boult. Steve will vote Mitch M.
Haha, I decided to keep it brief about both. Seriously rate and enjoy watching both of them bowl, this isn't just an NZ fanboi thread. Honest.

Funny you say that, 'cause I'd say Boult definitely swings it less, but at the same time doesn't rely on sheer extravagant movement like Starc seems to at this stage.

I like them both.

Boult also has a spectacular inswinger to the right hander.

Boult will probably get more opportunities than Starc and has already cemented his place due to less competition. This may give him the career advantage.

Who really knows though.
That's a perfect example of Boult's kind of delivery though. It's a jizzworthy delivery, but it's not really what I'd call a massive inswinger. Just a delivery in the right area which came back just enough.

not to mention tendy being a sore loser ****

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Generally agree with phlegm's assessment, though (purely on the basis of the perth test) I'd say it's pretty much a dead heat pace wise. Boult is probably slightly more accurate atm, but Starc has improved a lot sice I first saw him. If either develops an outswinger to the right hander, they'll be devastating

As for who will be better? I'll be patriotic for a change and say Boult.

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
Starc looks the real deal from what I've seen. Most of that has been live and/or in limited overs stuff so I'll not pin my clolours to the mast just yet, but I'd be surprised if he fell away badly from here.

How do you pronounce "Boult"?

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Boulty mostly because Starc might not get enough matches anyway and I'm biased. Close call, like em both tho

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
The Aussie posters don't want to lower themselves to comparing their boy to Boult judging by the absence of posts :ph34r:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Starc looks the real deal from what I've seen. Most of that has been live and/or in limited overs stuff so I'll not pin my clolours to the mast just yet, but I'd be surprised if he fell away badly from here.

How do you pronounce "Boult"?
Just pretend there's no u.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Starc on raw potential could be nearly anything. However you have to back Boult as he will be given every opportunity and is already a lock in the New Zealand side with limited competition.