• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Starc vs Boult - who will have the better career?

Who will have greater success on the international stage?

• Total voters

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
I would've before the Sri Lanka series, but I get the feeling that Pattinson has peaked at debut while Southee's only heading upwards. Both bloody similar bowlers though, late outswing at brisk but not express pace and hit a dangerous fullish length when on song. Will be interesting to see how it plays out from here.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I would've before the Sri Lanka series, but I get the feeling that Pattinson has peaked at debut while Southee's only heading upwards. Both bloody similar bowlers though, late outswing at brisk but not express pace and hit a dangerous fullish length when on song. Will be interesting to see how it plays out from here.
Southee certainly looked awesome against the might of Dean Hutchison and Scott Kuggeleijn today.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Even with eight fast bowlers injured the Australian bowling attack is considerably better than NZ's. I mean come on man, how is this even a thing?

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Lol Australia. Southee already close to being better than Hadlee, and the best the aussies can come up with in response is a narcoleptic vegan ***** with a heart tumour.

Last edited:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Even with eight fast bowlers injured the Australian bowling attack is considerably better than NZ's. I mean come on man, how is this even a thing?
you're doing that thing again where you say something with plenty of conviction but no substance.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I mean, Starc is definately in the stands if the lineup is full strength.

Do you think so?

Full strength Aus team for me would be Cummins, Starc, Pattinson, Watson and Lyon.

Tough on Siddle but I think the other 3 will be better strike bowlers in the long run. Plus there's the left arm variety there as well.

Spark

Global Moderator
Not really surprised that you've tried to argue that our full-strength attack isn't that strong when you haven't picked our full-strength attack.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I haven't tried to argue that it's not that strong.

I've tried to argue that boult being in an inferior bowling attack is not true.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Which implies that our attack isn't that strong, because whilst I agree that NZ's attack has potential, they've hardly set the world on fire over the past few years.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
After winning a match against SL all of a sudden they've gone to having an attack in the top 3 of world cricket and will be in the top 3 sides in the world in 4 years time according to this joker. Wow.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
So all I've read in this thread is mostly **** **** **** ****. Quality trolling from Bahnz and Benchmark in parts. Spark might have said something too. Not sure.