• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Starc vs Boult - who will have the better career?

Who will have greater success on the international stage?

• Total voters

Howsie

International Captain
I reckon Boult is the better of the two right now. He's more consistant, moves the ball both ways and bowls a more attacking length. Pace wise they're about the same, mid to late 130's with the abiltiy to crank it into the 140's with good rhythm. Starc with his height gets a lot more bounce however.

My only concern with Boult is how well his body will hold up over the next few years. He's not the biggest lad and while their is nothing wrong with his action he still seems to be putting a lot of strain into it to achieve the pace he has. Starc on the other hand looks rather effortless with his. Boult's already had one serious back injury that put him out of the game for almost two years, you'd hate to see him go down again because of the amount of cricket he's likely to play for NZ over the next couple of years.
Sigh, was rather siting on the fence with this one.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
haha if you're going to lump me in with kiwiviktor i'm going to poke fun at you. everyone here knows big daddy kane is the #2 of all time behind ross taylor, not #1 like that hack KV made out.

after reading the thoughtful analysis of cw i have been convinced that not only would bradman fail post 1970, he probably also does not exist.
M D Crowe = still NZ's greatest Test bat ever, & even KW hasn't surpassed him quite yet for me...even if he's not far away and will very shortly.

One of the great travesties for me is that some youngsters in about 20 years could assume Taylor and Crowe were pretty much equals at Test level.

Almost rips my undies as much as folks in the future looking back and seeing this guy Voges averaging more than Pollock and Headley.

Flem274*

123/5
mate crowe ****ing died. his name will live forever in nz. everyone loves dead people who were good at things and crowe was awesome.

voges could do worse than dying to bump his legacy a tad actually.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
And I'm not wrong either. This is purely on form.

In the last 18 months or so, ishant and Shami have both done a perfectly good job for the team. Southee has spent the majority of the same period wasting the new ball and generally bowling complete piss. IIRC it all went down hill for him after he picked up 7 wickets vs England in the WC. The Indian fans started saying Shami is better because Southee did nothing else all tournament while Shami bowled well throughout.

Might as well have our moment now, because we all know Shami's bowling will go down the drain soon like other distinguished members of The Wheel ^tm
dwta with wholeheartedly