• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Strange selection policy

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Siddle (and Hilf to a lesser extent) to not play

Imagine in the 70s if we were going in to a series deciding test at the WACA and Chappeli came out and said "yeh, we're gonna leave Lillee and Thommo out, in case they're a bit tired from the bowling they did 5 days ago".

****ing absurd.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Let's be honest. Siddle is no Dennis Lillee. He's barely a Brad Williams.

A Siddle below his peak performance is probably a Mick Lewis.

Besides, the risk of injury is greatest when there is fatigue. If Pattinson wasn't injured I would've dropped Siddle for Starc for Perth anyway itbt.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
I'd have dropped Starc for Hilf. That's all I'd have done.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
How does the gap between the Tests compare to usual? 3 days feels shorter than in previous years, IIRC.

Not to mention that they were the only 2 quicks bowling for a day and a half. If Patto was fit the strain would have been less, and Siddle might have played.

Hilfy could GAGF though.

uvelocity

International Coach
if theyd rested patto and played starc it would be sids pato starc today

not complaining at 6/100 though

archie mac

International Coach
Reminds me of the 82-83 season when Australia lost Lillee and Alderman who were trying hard but not taking a lot of wickets. They were replaced by Hogg and Thomson and Australia quickly came out on top.

burr

State Vice-Captain
I just don't like the constant rotation and instability in the Australian side. I'm used to the days when there were 12 men and it was almost impossible to break into that 12. Seems too easy to get a game now and the Australian team is devalued as a result. I know I have to accept we are no longer the great team we once were. But my unease at this merry-go-round shows just how much I took the 90/00s for granted.