Page 97 of 397 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147197 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 5941

Thread: ***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia 2012/2013

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    we have to go back in time and kill steve waugh
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Managing and resting young fast bowlers before they're 24/25 makes sense though, if the studies are right with regards to injuries. Once they get to 24/25 there's no reason for resting.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

on the downside, strac not playing means i won't get to enjoy the media meltdown about why our young fast bowlers are getting injured for at least another week or two. i'm in need of it.

Spikeys hat of choice:
    "He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts.. . For support rather than illumination. " - Andrew Lang (1844-1912)

Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Managing and resting young fast bowlers before they're 24/25 makes sense though, if the studies are right with regards to injuries. Once they get to 24/25 there's no reason for resting.
    i think there was plenty of reason to rest hilf/Siddle tbh. that was was an extraordinarily unique situation though (bowling deep into the last day after already heavy workloads + injured fast bowler + very short turn around between tests + big ass plane ride during that turn around)

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    i think there was plenty of reason to rest hilf/Siddle tbh. that was was an extraordinarily unique situation though (bowling deep into the last day after already heavy workloads + injured fast bowler + very short turn around between tests + big ass plane ride during that turn around)
    They weren't rotated... they weren't fit enough to play, there's a difference.

hey screw you skidmark00!

hope you get nothing but red ankle socks for xmas!

but seriously people complaining about the rotation system, what's your idea? are you like brett lee who goes on and on about 'cotton wool' but doesn't really offer any ideas about how to prevent injures aside how they train in the gym which he goes on and on about? or do you agree with dirk nannes in saying fast bowlers should just not bother until they're 24? it seems to me CA is attempting something akin to a sane solution but playing them when they're fit, and resting them when history tells them something bad could be about to happen. that to me is a lot better than not doing anything at all and saying "didn't see that coming!" when they get injured, or not letting them do anything at all.
    Last edited by Spikey; 23-12-2012 at 11:51 PM.

International Debutant aussie tragic's Avatar
    It's a sad day for Test Cricket fans when a 22 yr old bowler, who's only played 2 tests this summer and has had 8 days rest since the last test, is being rested so that he can play more ODI and T20 rubbish later

This is a slap in the face for test cricket fans and while I'm not a great fan of Starc yet, I still want to see that the best team has been selected....

...the only thing I can think of is it's the "Shane Watson Conspiracy Theory". Watto is a confidence player, and yet selectors have done everything to undermine his confidence imo

(1) Watto is moved out of a successful opening role (averages 43) to # 3
    (2) then told he's not good enough to be picked soley as a batsman (enter Quinney)
    (3) then he's moved to # 4 to fit in Hughes (told Hughes better siuted then Watto at #3)
    (4) then Watto is set to captain the boxing day test, so after losing the best batsman, they also drop the bowler that's taken 14 wkts in the last 2 tests, bringing in Johnson and a debutant

I'm guessing the next move is that Watto will be told to move to # 5 to accommodate Khawaja at # 4, whereby he will of course be told that Khawaja is better suited to the top order than himself....

Well there's my rant, but it didn't work as I still think the resting policy is a disgrace

my main problem with starc's resting is how it's been handled. he should have been left out in the first place, or at least another seamer added to the squad. if MJ breaks down in warm-ups you're picking Usman to replace him...

My problem with Starc being rested is that Johnson is playing.

#betterthanhastings

International Vice-Captain Redbacks's Avatar
    Maybe Andrew D can come out and have a go at sports scientists for killing another game.

Wouldn't happen in the SANFL.

Thread Information