• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia 2012/2013

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah look, he's really not in the best 10 seam bowlers in the country. Would trust the following over him in no particular order:

Harris
Siddle
Hilf
Cummins
Starc
Bird
Pattinson
Hazelwood
Cutting
Richardson
NCN

The problem is he's higher in the selectability list than he is in the quality list.
i'm personally having a hard time agreeing that the guy with 200 test wickets is currently a worst option than Richardson and Cutting and NCN. I'm not saying Johnson is magic like stars, but as the 7th or 8th bowler in the queue, I have no real problem with Johnson's current position.

benchmark00

i'm personally having a hard time agreeing that the guy with 200 test wickets is currently a worst option than Richardson and Cutting and NCN. I'm not saying Johnson is magic like stars, but as the 7th or 8th bowler in the queue, I have no real problem with Johnson's current position.
Well you're missing the point. Those three are better bowlers, but Johnson is more selectable. It's unlikely they'd want to go in with more than one Boxing Day debutant along with other factors. That doesn't meant Johnson is a more trustworthy bowler though.

Everyone knows MJ has the ability to take big bags, I just don't like the price of them.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
lazy poor shot
but amazing catching.

johnson surprisingly gets the guy who was demolishing him.

Last edited:

Ruckus

International Captain
I have a hard time agreeing that the poster-boy of Aus cricket for the last few years is gonna be viewed as 7th or 8th in the queue. The only way from here I can see Johnson not being a complete regular in this squad is if the selectors continue with this rotation policy of going between about 8 different bowlers.

Ruckus

International Captain
I'm not gonna lie here either. Johnson's been bowling very well, on the whole, in this last spell. But I don't give a ****. We can't be so short sighted with him. Does his history mean nothing?

Spikey

Well you're missing the point. Those three are better bowlers, but Johnson is more selectable. It's unlikely they'd want to go in with more than one Boxing Day debutant along with other factors. That doesn't meant Johnson is a more trustworthy bowler though.

Everyone knows MJ has the ability to take big bags, I just don't like the price of them.
I don't think any of those guys are currently better bowlers than MJ. Richardson is a bit hard to judge 'cause he can't get a FC game, but I'm def comfortably saying Cutting and NCN are worse bowlers, and I'm not really sure you can the play expansive card, given Cutting and NCN (Cutting in particular) are hardly known for keeping things tight between wickets. They might be bowlers better than Johnson around but I don't think the 3 you're pushing are them (Bollinger, Putland, Al McD etc)