Cricket Player Manager
Page 90 of 397 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140190 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 5941

Thread: ***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia 2012/2013

Nah, I don't really have an issue with it. We're talking about the hardest pursuit in cricket, for which the guy has natural ability. The amount of guys who have been over coached in spin bowling... I think what he's done is really smart.

He's probably lucky in a way that he can hold his spot as a batsman in the Shield side. If he was a leggie just around the shield squad, he couldn't do that; take a break from bowling leggies and just let it come back with a natural flow. He'd have to keep on bowling, trying to establish the things that all these coaches are telling him to do, and end up trying to bowl with someone else's action. Or he'd take the break, be cast aside by the powers that be and have everyone talking rubbish about why he was no longer in the state squad.
    Last edited by vic_orthdox; 18-12-2012 at 06:29 AM.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    it's worth noting this break has been timed with nsw playing a new leg spinner (eg smith can take the break) and anyway for the past 12 months Smith has mostly only been bowled when the other bowlers have already been used and have failed and you know when the batsmen are on the rampage is not the time for the leg spinner to be used for the first time in the innings. been a bit disappointed with that

i assume smith has talked about it because he did bowl some offies in a shield game because there were two left handed batsmen at the crease, so smith was just clearing it all up
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Oh and Kieswetter's bowling > Wade's bowling.

man i hope they gobird over johnsons
    Last edited by uvelocity; 18-12-2012 at 06:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

Can't remember ever seeing Burgey providing a proper breakdown of why Swann's gash or why he doesn't rate his bowling. It's only ever about why he doesn't rate him as a person...

shut your ugly mouth Marcuss!

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    shut your ugly mouth Marcuss!
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09

Quote Originally Posted by John Singleton
    Recognition of Property Rights in material objects is the recognition of a manís right to exist; his right to pursue his own goals in his own manner at his own discretion with what is rightfully his to command. Just as the Right to Life is the right to the property of oneís own person, so the right to own material products is the right to sustain oneís life and to keep the results of oneís own efforts.

Squad for 2nd Test: Clarke (c), Watson (vc), Bird, Cowan, Hughes, M Hussey, Johnson, Khawaja, Lyon, Siddle, Starc, Wade, Warner. #AUSvSL
    4 players from the 2006 Aus U19 Squad in this squad

and frankly I reckon we should call in the spinner too

International Captain Pup Clarke's Avatar
    Lyon's the very definition of meh to me. Very accurate, doesn't try to put revs on the ball - in other words, dull to watch.
    Proud member of the Twenty20 is boring society

E-Mail - liamhowgate@yahoo.co.uk
    MSN - liamhowgate@hotmail.com

Apparently he's the best we have. Why does O'Keefe never get a mention for higher honors? Not taking enough domestic wickets?

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Hussey backs Quiney, McKay

ahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaha
    What the **** Hussey
    Mark Waugh
    "He's [Michael Clarke] on Twitter saying sorry for not walking? Mate if he did that in our side there'd be hell to play. AB would chuck his Twitter box off the balcony or whatever it is. Sorry for not walking? Jesus Christ man."
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it into a fruit salad
    RIP Craigos

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcuss View Post
    Can't remember ever seeing Burgey providing a proper breakdown of why Swann's gash or why he doesn't rate his bowling. It's only ever about why he doesn't rate him as a person...
    Nah I don't rate him as a bowler. Totally innocuous unless he's bowling in a crater. Had a good 18 months or so a while back, but he's just not that good sorry. Ridiculously overhyped bowler.

He's a good slipper and lower order slapper though.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"
    "When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

Quote Originally Posted by GotSpin View Post
    What the **** Hussey
    relax guys it's david hussey

International Vice-Captain Noble One's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangles View Post
    Apparently he's the best we have. Why does O'Keefe never get a mention for higher honors? Not taking enough domestic wickets?
    Hardly taken a wicket the past two seasons.

Like I said during the play, Lyon has passed his audition to be the Australian shorter formats spin bowler. His fielding is way better than I gave him credit for originally (or maybe he has improved) and anything to get Xavier Doherty out of the national team is a solid move.

One reason why I'm not being completely over critical at Lyon's performance yesterday is that having a durable spin bowler bowl tightly at least allowed Clarke to give Siddle and Starc adequate recovery time between spells which help the quicks in the end. Its also why despite Watson only taking 2/109 in the game and making 35 runs across 2 innings, he played an important role, especially when you consider his two wickets were Mahela and Dilshan.

Thread Information