• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia 2012/2013

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Squad for 2nd Test: Clarke (c), Watson (vc), Bird, Cowan, Hughes, M Hussey, Johnson, Khawaja, Lyon, Siddle, Starc, Wade, Warner. #AUSvSL
4 players from the 2006 Aus U19 Squad in this squad

and frankly I reckon we should call in the spinner too

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Lyon's the very definition of meh to me. Very accurate, doesn't try to put revs on the ball - in other words, dull to watch.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Apparently he's the best we have. Why does O'Keefe never get a mention for higher honors? Not taking enough domestic wickets?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can't remember ever seeing Burgey providing a proper breakdown of why Swann's gash or why he doesn't rate his bowling. It's only ever about why he doesn't rate him as a person...
Nah I don't rate him as a bowler. Totally innocuous unless he's bowling in a crater. Had a good 18 months or so a while back, but he's just not that good sorry. Ridiculously overhyped bowler.

He's a good slipper and lower order slapper though.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Like I said during the play, Lyon has passed his audition to be the Australian shorter formats spin bowler. His fielding is way better than I gave him credit for originally (or maybe he has improved) and anything to get Xavier Doherty out of the national team is a solid move.

One reason why I'm not being completely over critical at Lyon's performance yesterday is that having a durable spin bowler bowl tightly at least allowed Clarke to give Siddle and Starc adequate recovery time between spells which help the quicks in the end. Its also why despite Watson only taking 2/109 in the game and making 35 runs across 2 innings, he played an important role, especially when you consider his two wickets were Mahela and Dilshan.

DriveClub

International Regular
Aren't there any little sri lankan posters here? Feels boring reading only aussie posters except burger who's a dick