• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia 2012/2013

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
a couple of wickets before the new ball is all Aus needs.

Especially if that comes just before tea. Can easily get 4 wickets in the final session if Siddle and Starc don't bowl like ****.

uvelocity

International Coach
havent seen any of todays play but judging by the pitch yesterday can only feel that one or two wickets by tea will incite a rout. all well and good for aliens like sanga to cope with variable bounce, but the humans in the lineup won't last long.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
No real complaints from me regarding the Australian bowling. Pitch is flat; and any variable bounce is generally from a line of no major threat.

It’s frustrating we have this issue of trying to break through opposition on the final day; however the pitches this summer have hardly deteriated.

Spark

Global Moderator
havent seen any of todays play but judging by the pitch yesterday can only feel that one or two wickets by tea will incite a rout. all well and good for aliens like sanga to cope with variable bounce, but the humans in the lineup won't last long.
Roller really helped for the first hour. Started to play tricks later on.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Conn's another clown. Over rates are not an issue to the spectator, only the media. What member of the public who has paid money to go see a test match would be angry that they get to spend more time at the cricket? No one can tell that they're bowling one less over an hour, the people in the media just don't like it because they have to work an extra half an hour a day.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Conn's another clown. Over rates are not an issue to the spectator, only the media. What member of the public who has paid money to go see a test match would be angry that they get to spend more time at the cricket? No one can tell that they're bowling one less over an hour, the people in the media just don't like it because they have to work an extra half an hour a day.
Yeah, it's only an issue for me as a spectator if they don't get through the ninety with the extra half hour.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
That Faf one still grinds my gears, that's ****ing out, why the hell does over half the ball have to pitch in line. I feel for bowlers.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Can't remember the last time a batsman was given out LBW and it not being referred (with the option to do so).

Fair? Yep, but deeply annoying.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
why the hell does over half the ball have to pitch in line. I feel for bowlers.
that could be changed to be umpire's call.

OTOH, it's not ball prediction, it's ball tracking so they can be 100% certain about where it pitches.

I gave it not out in real time and still think it was the right call.

uvelocity

International Coach
That Faf one still grinds my gears, that's ****ing out, why the hell does over half the ball have to pitch in line. I feel for bowlers.
they just changed it to that, over half the ball in line with the centreline of each outside stump.

not even half the ball in line with the outside edge. so actually 75% of the ball pitching inline to overturn. same with where it strikes in regard to inline/outside the line