• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia 2012/2013

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Watson as captain :laugh:

Oh man I hope Watson and Kohli captain against each other one day. Will be sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good. India vs. Aus series? Clarke take a test match off.

Both will look so stylish at the toss.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
For multiple reasons, an't believe that Haddin is seriously being considered as a top 6 candidate.

He's averaged in the mid-30s in a 43-Test career which by the standard of a top 6 bat is pretty ordinary. Perhaps it could be argued that not having the gloves would make a positive impact on his record but I doubt it would be a decisive factor.

As well, he is somebody with a mental and technical style that really was only reliable on placid batting tracks. For example his batting average at the batsman's paradise Adelaide Oval is 122 (take that away and his overall batting average is 32). And his record outside Australia is pretty ordinary as well.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah but Usman, Quiney and Doolan.....

I wouldn't pick Haddin, but Haddin is also, in my mind, 100% to go to the Ashes, so I wouldn't mind giving Doolan a shot

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
As for this current Test, what a great challenge it would be for both teams. If Australia can't pull this one off this will mentally demoralise them so soon after Adelaide - especially with the rash of injuries they've suffered this match. The self-belief they gained last season under Clarke would start to be dinted.

You'd still think Australia would win this - the were some absolute unplayables off the pitch in the closing stages of the day. I wonder if this were occurring on a pitch in other parts of the world whether the complaints about it would be louder than they probably will be for this?

And what a contradiction Shane Watson is - playing as a top 6 batsman yet looking horribly out of sorts, but so valuable for his bowling, especially on a pitch like this. He was relentless in his spells today and it wouldn't surprise if he's the leading wicket-taker tomorrow.

Spark

Global Moderator
Look give Clarkeh a bionic leg or something, 'cos our side looks seriously mediocre without him.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
You'd still think Australia would win this - the were some absolute unplayables off the pitch in the closing stages of the day. I wonder if this were occurring on a pitch in other parts of the world whether the complaints about it would be louder than they probably will be for this?
This. That Galle pitch was no where close to this in the ****iness.

ajdude

International Coach
shane watson's displayed this summer that he got his injuries out of the way early, now he's fine. CA need to hire damien martyn to break everybody's thumbs in like june/july aka yearly england ODI period that nobody cares about

or they need a thirteenth month between july and august or something which the breakage can occur

Last edited:

uvelocity

International Coach
decks been pretty pooey. but they obv didn't want to wheel something very seamy ala last year for lanka

benchmark00

shane watson's displayed this summer that he got his injuries out of the way early, now he's fine. CA need to hire damien martyn to break everybody's thumbs in like june/july aka yearly england ODI period that nobody cares about

or they need a thirteenth month between july and august or something which the breakage can occur

:laugh:

Lousy Smarch weather.

Spikey

I asked this to the Australian fans during the Adelaide test vs. SA, so I'll ask it again here. When does one get concerned about whether Australia can get the 10 wickets to win the match?l

if kumar and jaya bat the first 2-3 hours without loss, ftr. seems unlikely but who knows

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Semi interesting days play today. Despite the wicket I'm nervous with Sanga still not out after surviving the dropped catch and a couple of run out opportunities.

If Clarke misses out on the Boxing Day Test surely we'd make Huss captain. I know Watto is vice captain but I'm sure he'd acknowledge the fact that he needs to get his game in order first.

I've been a fan of Coulter-Nile for a while now but with the replacement being for Hilfenhaus, Jackson Bird comes more into the reckoning.