• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia 2012/2013

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not arguing that he has taken wickets... my issue is that I don't know how he has taken them. Looks an ordinary finger spinner to me. Decent, but not most wickets in a year good by any stretch. Needs to be just played as a medium pacer who bowls leg cutters with the occasional off cutter. Wickets he's picked up this innings have been gifts.
You look an ordinary **** to me too. But it could be the wine at lunch

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Also disappointed your post didn't bag out Kallis in it Burgey. Thought that was a lock.

benchmark00

Yeah but no one is saying he's bowled brilliantly here. Just that he did at times this year. Your comment "quality wickets too" was a slight on his whole year tbf, and that is just based on what you have seen here.
Nah my comment was based on this innings. If you chose to take it another way then that's your fault you son of a bitch.

itbt, I have seen a bit of Herath over the past couple of years, and it's an opinion I've held all throughout it. Takes wickets but I just don't know how.

Spark

Global Moderator
Not arguing that he has taken wickets... my issue is that I don't know how he has taken them. Looks an ordinary finger spinner to me. Decent, but not most wickets in a year good by any stretch. Needs to be just played as a medium pacer who bowls leg cutters with the occasional off cutter. Wickets he's picked up this innings have been gifts.
Gets ****loads with the arm ball. Batsmen get beaten by the quicker ball or play for turn, get plumb LBW.

Burgey

And finally, who doesn't love Fatty Herath?
Herath is cool by me. So much wine I didn't think of bagging Kallis.

Which is no excuse mind you.

Like this opening combo for SL tbh. Be awesome if this test went down to the last session. I'm exclusively tipping a tie here.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Gets ****loads with the arm ball. Batsmen get beaten by the quicker ball or play for turn, get plumb LBW.
Yeah, in subcontinent the seam catches and can grip; combined with a good straighter one he is attacking both sides of the bat.

Here in Australia, where offies are best served bowling a la Lyon with more overspin, he's really only attacking the pad to right handers.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Herath also gets a lot of wickets due to the fact that the rest of the SL bowlers are ****e. In Colombo against England, he got 6 wickets in the innings, but he took about 40 overs to get his second wicket.

Burgey

Seriously thinking Wade is the worst first-choice Aussie keeper since Greg Dyer (who was in any event a lot better than Wade).

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Herath also gets a lot of wickets due to the fact that the rest of the SL bowlers are ****e. In Colombo against England, he got 6 wickets in the innings, but he took about 40 overs to get his second wicket.
I have never heard that criticism of a Sri Lankan spinner before :ph34r:

Zinzan

Poor play Starc, clearly his intent was to hit the batsman. I'm sure cheer-leader Slater would have had an issue with it if an Australian batsman was on the receiving end.