Cricket Player Manager
Page 319 of 397 FirstFirst ... 219269309317318319320321329369 ... LastLast
Results 4,771 to 4,785 of 5941

Thread: ***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia 2012/2013

It's amusing to think that Allan Border medal votes will still be given out for that game. Let's face it, none of the top 7 deserve points which leaves perhaps Starc for 3, Johnson for 2, and Doherty (for a well made 15) for 1 point.
    Andrew Symonds 143*

That was the most disgusting display of Australian batting I've seen on our shores since the Adelaide Ashes test. Absolutely abysmal.

The conditions today in Brisbane were as good as they could ever be for batting. It was warm with low humidity, there was a slight breeze but it wasn't a gale and the sky didn't have a cloud in it. Kula's bowling was good, but he's not exactly an express quick ripping them in there at 150+. International batsmen should have been able to see him off (heck, even just playing him well enough to bowl out 7 overs before getting changed would have been a huge boon). Utter, unAustralian disgrace.

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Seeing Australia struggle against Kulshekhara today, the first thought that came to my mind was what would have happened to them if they had to play Imran at the height of his prowess.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stephen View Post
    but he's not exactly an express quick ripping them in there at 150+.

almost totally irrelevant.
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SJS View Post
    Seeing Australia struggle against Kulshekhara today, the first thought that came to my mind was what would have happened to them if they had to play Imran at the height of his prowess.
    Pakistan would probably have made 60, but still collected a tidy bonus.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"
    "When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    I wouldn"t blame rotation for this lost but I am certainly not a fan of how our selectors have implemented this rotation thing.I remember seeing Hastings, Johnson and Starc line up in that last test and I was like and then like and I just ended up.I"m not against rotating the young quicks like Cummins, but don"t tell me its one game in and the next game out basis.Selectors need to be stable with their odi team also.We need to be able to see our best team on the park far often than we have.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie tragic View Post
    So Australia has selected 18 players in the 3 ODI's so far....when was the last time (if ever) has that happened?

Who else thinks this team instability must be having an impact?
    Some players usually take more than one game to "find their feet".Bowlers need to keep bowling to get in a groove and to keep it.Consistently resting a fast bowler after one game should affect his performance.18 players in only 3 odi"s must be some sort of record or close to it.

International Debutant the big bambino's Avatar
    Alot of attention placed on rotation when the persistent failure, stretching back years, has been our inability to play the swinging ball. In that respect our cricket resembles our rugby in that technical faults remain uncorrected. The number of times we've been bowled out for under or just over 100 in the last 3 or 4 years suggests a problem in batting technique and it makes you wonder if Arthur has noticed.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Absolutely disgracful going to the game last night. So glad I didn't have to pay for tickets, otherwise I'd be really angry, instead I was able to laugh.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

it's one odi. meh
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by uvelocity View Post
    it's one odi. meh
    Incorrect. It was barely a 20/20.

oh I wasn't actually responding to you, wasn't having a shot at your post. we had a bad day, but didn't set any unwanted records, didn''t lose any silverware, nobody died, would rather have the bad day in that match than most others all through the year so whatevs

International Debutant the big bambino's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by uvelocity View Post
    oh I wasn't actually responding to you, wasn't having a shot at your post. we had a bad day, but didn't set any unwanted records, didn''t lose any silverware, nobody died, would rather have the bad day in that match than most others all through the year so whatevs
    True its not the most important match of the year but it would still be good to have played better. The trouble is the trend this match seems to be adding to which suggests our batting will be no hope to meet the important challenges ahead. To think our team, with all its faults, recently jousted with SA for no.1 in the world.

Dunno as someone who was actually at the ground and paid for tickets -- yes I actually watch cricket. I don't think it was a bad as people are making out. There really was a LOT of movement. The breeze was also non trivial at times. As others have pointed out it was a chance a minute kind of game and we would have *won* had we held onto our chances. For all the batting faults it was great to see the bowling. I feel however I was the exception rather than the norm in the crowd.

International Debutant aussie tragic's Avatar
    Australia just slipped to 5th in the rankings with that loss.

Aus will need to win both remaining matches to take 4th back from Sri Lanka

....and if SL win series 3-2, Australia will have to beat WI 4-1 to take back 4th

Thread Information