• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia 2012/2013

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I said it's as good a spell as I've seen him bowl.

Since when does bowling well mean you automatically get wickets?
You are right in that it was a good spell. I saw the spell, he bowled very well. In general I like Lyon.

Just can't see how, considering how well Swann has bowled in his career and also in his come back to form recently, you can think Lyon is the better bowler.

Bowled beautifully in India too, so I guess when Lyon tours there in Feb that will be a good time to compare them. But for me Swann is comfortably the better spinner. Lyon still has a long way to go (and he's only played 16 tests so that is fair enough).

Xuhaib

International Coach
That's because Til Dil & Mathews haven't exactly been digging in, so much as being lucky. Mathews in particular has looked bewildered for the most part this session.
fair enough.

But I do think Kohli/Dhoni partnership is being overrated a bit. I might taste it if England collapse in a heap today but despite batting 5 hours they never took the game by the scruff of the neck. The wicket was difficult to score but not a minefield where you could get out anytime. I think its only being appreciated more because of India's recent troubles as I said yesterday 2009-10 India would get 450+ on this deck eyes closed.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
kohli and dhoni batted flawlessly for 6 hrs FTR. it was just amazing especially considering that the series was on the line

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Hard to win for Starc. Young bowler who bowls in-swing; pitching the ball up as he should with a new ball. He'd be criticised if his pitch map was all short.

Not great execution; however Starc is trying the right thing.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bit over pitched whilst looking for swing, but it's funny how commentators always go on about getting and full and not minding getting driven with a newish ball... then when someone does over pitch they go on about banging it in.