• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia 2012/2013

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Marsh should have his file marked NTPFAA. He's seriously been terrible in whatever format we've tried him in. Such a rubbish cricketer.
He was kinda decent in ODers. His enduring inability to step up to international T20's is pretty annoying though

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Brayshaw has now attended more Australia international matches than North matches over the past 12 months
His teams win percentage is roughly the same in both codes.

PASS
Faulkner
Bailey
Warner
Maxwell
Doherty

Average
Wade
Starc

FAIL
Finch
Marsh
Cutting
Laughlin
Voges

the big bambino

International Captain
I think thats a bit harsh on Maxwell. The odds of hitting the last 3 balls for boundaries to win a game would be rather long, or so instinct tells me. The fact he got us close and made a pretty ordinary game exciting right at the end is achievement enough.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Haha yeah don't blame him for the loss. Blame him for being a tool though.

That being said, Perera didn't need to spray him after they won the game, that was not on.

Maxwell tweeting that Mahela apologised to him and vice versa. (y)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Now it's been well publicised that I don't rate Cutting at all, especially in limited overs cricket, but if we're dropping a bowler then how the **** does Laughlin get yet another game? Is Cutting injured?

Cutting is over-rated and a Sheffield Shield over-achiever but Laughlin is just plain gash. He's a poor man's Jade Dernbach and I mean that in the worst way possible.
I make posts like this all the time and even when the player in question does turn out to be absolutely **** and plays very little international cricket, it's rare he actually has a shocker on the day I make the post. Laughlin is truly terrible if I can't even taste-jinx him into having a half decent game.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I make posts like this all the time and even when the player in question does turn out to be absolutely **** and plays very little international cricket, it's rare he actually has a shocker on the day I make the post. Laughlin is truly terrible if I can't even taste-jinx him into having a half decent game.
I spent the entire Big Bash telling my parents how rubbish Laughlin was, and how he'd completely overperformed and lucked out the entire tournament, and how the batsmen were spontaneously collectively gash against him and not Bollinger for some unknown reason. My father wouldn't believe me at all, and reckoned he should play these games on form.

He's Dernbach levels of dire.

And I always thought you rated Cutting in the long-form PEWS.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Nah, probably confusing me with Benchy. I don't rate Cutting at all; I do however think he's better than Laughlin.
Insult to him if true, TBH.

I do agree though, Cutting should be nowhere the Australian set-up when we aren't rotating the young guys and struck down by injury. Advocating him over Pattinson before the 2011 'Gabba Test is a terrible memory.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think thats a bit harsh on Maxwell. The odds of hitting the last 3 balls for boundaries to win a game would be rather long, or so instinct tells me. The fact he got us close and made a pretty ordinary game exciting right at the end is achievement enough.
The odds of hitting the last 3 balls for boundaries to win a game shorten when two of the balls are full tosses.......

the big bambino

International Captain
I'm not sure of the T20 rankings but SL are close to the top surely. With 8 overs from Malinga and Kula virtually locked in economy wise they are at a head start. Their batting order, which alternates btwn left and right as well as deft and might, makes me a little envious. They won setting and chasing and seem pretty impregnable in this format.

Or maybe its just us. Then again is there hope that we were so dire but got close?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Doesn't matter how good Lanka are. You know if you come up against them in a tournament final you will win #trollllllllllllllllllllllllllllll