• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia 2012/2013

Spark

Global Moderator
Sounds like the side will be

Warner, Hughes, Clarke, Bailey, D Hussey, Wade, Cutting/Maxwell, Johnson, Starc, McKay, Doherty

Throw Watson in there and the top 7 looks quite strong.
Throw Watson in there and that's basically first choice.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Migara, I'm looking forward to seeing a bit more of Kushal Perera. I had my first look at him on Sunday and that drive for four looked classy, so I hope I can see a bit more of him over the next 3 matches.
Perera won't be magnificient against pace BTW. But he will make sure that Doherty or any spinner won't be bowling when he's in. And it was spinners that tie down likes of Sanga, Mathews and Mendis.

Spark

Global Moderator
This is the first series where SL haven't decided to bat like spuds against Doherty from time to time, to be fair.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Has Moises been ruled out? I'm under the impression that he will play if fit, otherwise it's between Maxwell/Cutters Cutting.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mike Hussey is at the centre of a rumour doing the rounds by email, and published in of all places a financial gossip column on Thursday, that he and Michael Clarke had a spectacular falling out after his farewell Test at the SCG. According to the scuttlebutt, Hussey and Clarke had been split over where post-match celebrations should be held - Mr Cricket wanted them in the dressing room and then the hotel, but the captain preferred a planned evening on James Packer's super yacht Seahorse. Hussey, it was claimed, boycotted the boat ride in protest, having also just been surprisingly left out of the one-day squad. He was joined by two other players, the email said. The Tonk was made aware of the alleged dispute on Wednesday morning and quickly had it shot down vehemently by Hussey's management and Cricket Australia. There is at least one element of truth to the email, though - Hussey did not join teammates on Packer's vessel. But the way it was told to this column is that was because the team had already celebrated in their SCG dressing room and then their hotel until about 10pm and he wanted to rejoin his family, who were staying with him in a suite at the team's Sydney base. The Tonk was told the others who stayed in the hotel at The Rocks instead of boarding the boat were Shane Watson, who missed the Test because of injury but wanted to be part of Hussey's farewell, and Peter Siddle. Support staff with families present, including Steve Rixon and Dene Hills, also stayed with Hussey in the hotel rather than hitting Sydney Harbour.
CA shoots down talk of Clarke, Hussey row

glad to be rid of this ****er who keeps on ruining post match celebrations tbh

ajdude

International Coach
Has Moises been ruled out? I'm under the impression that he will play if fit, otherwise it's between Maxwell/Cutters Cutting.
i'm glad Cutting doesn't have red hair or something, a headline like "Moises parts for the red C" would make me quit the world

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Too many if and buts to make that joke funny.

If Cutting's nickname was C or he did have red hair, it might me mildly funny.