• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia 2012/2013

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
****ing Hobart, only crowd where you can hear what the bogans yell out.

"HEY CLARKEY, HIT A COVER DRIVE!"

**** off ****.

Burgey

Turned out a good day that. Near enough to 300 scored and the full 90 overs bowled. Australia looking to push on to 450 plus tomorrow.

Join us at the beautiful Bellerive Oval from 10:30 am AEDT tomorrow.

Back to you in the studio, Mark.

uvelocity

International Coach
bean busy. good day without being amazing judging by the scorecard. couple of missed wickets too wasn't it?

flibbertyjibber

Not going to get another big one is he?

Good day for Australia though they should be confident of beating SL at home anyway.

aussie tragic

International Captain
When was the last time Australia had 3 of the top 6 with an average in the 30's

Cowan 32.77
Hughes 36.18
Watson 36.81

Are we the new England?

Edit: even worse is that it's 3 of the top 4

Last edited:

DriveClub

International Regular
I think Hussey will be taken apart in England and that will be the end of him, after that there's only Clarke who is a quality bat in the line up.

flibbertyjibber

When was the last time Australia had 3 of the top 6 with an average in the 30's

Cowan 32.77
Hughes 36.18
Watson 36.81

Are we the new England?

Edit: even worse is that it's 3 of the top 4
Na, the England bats were better than this lot. You are the new Bangladesh.:ph34r:

aussie tragic

International Captain
Australia's second least successful opening partnership continues on its merry way
I've heard this a lot lately, what is the basis for 2nd worst opening partnership?

Cowan/Warner - 18 inn, 718 runs @ 39.88 (1 hundred; 3 fifties)

Aren't these partnerships with min 18 innings worse?

Boon/Taylor - 19 inn, 686 runs @ 38.11 (1 hundred; 5 fifties)
Elliott/Taylor - 23 inn, 721 runs @ 31.34 (2 hundreds 4 fifties)
Dyson/Wood - 24 inn, 583 runs @ 25.34 (0 hundreds; 6 fifties)
Hilditch/Wood - 18 inn, 354 runs @ 20.82 (0 hundreds; 1 fifty)

Plus more recentlly

Hughes/Watson - 17inn, 646 runs @ 38.00 (2 hundreds; 4 fifties)
Hayden/Katich - 17 inn, 557 runs @ 34.81 (1 hundred; 2 fifties)

Last edited:

SFB

Cricket Spectator
I may be wrong but I thought we did really well against doosra bowlers or bowlers with variations at home. They try too much and get punished.

Accurate consistent bowlers like Herath have done well here though...

Saqlain ripped through us to the tune of 6/46 in '99 at Bellerive (Sorry, it'll never be Blundstone to me). I'm more in favour of Ajantha not based on the Carrom ball but his all round bowling armoury, being similar to Iverson and Gleeson, the speedy offies on the Bellerive surface would be very skiddy, on the WACA good bounce etc.

I just think that the partnership of Herath/Mendis could be a great one if given the chance.

Spark

Global Moderator
Mendis is incredibly easy to play at Test level on pitches that aren't turning. There's a reason he got slaughtered in England (at county level too!) last year.

Herath will take a few though when it turns a bit. Thought he was very probing today.