• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia 2012/2013

Flem274*

123/5
Sri Lanka Test squad: Mahela Jayawardene (capt), Angelo Mathews (vice-capt), Tillakaratne Dilshan, Kumar Sangakkara, Tharanga Paranavitana, Thilan Samaraweera, Prasanna Jayawardene (wk), Rangana Herath, Nuwan Kulasekara, Shaminda Eranga, Suraj Randiv, Dinesh Chandimal, Chanaka Welagedara, Nuwan Pradeep, Dhammika Prasad, Dimuth Karunaratne

On stand-by: Lahiru Thirimanne, Thisara Perera, Jeevan Mendis, Akila Dananjaya, Ajantha Mendis
Pirana? Really?

Dilshan
Karunaratne
Mathews
Sanga
Mahela
Samaramaramaraweera
Prasaana/Chandimal
Kulasekara
Herath
Eranga
Welegedara

Pirana was atrocious in the series just gone, and Mathews was easily the best Sri Lankan batsman against the moving ball, so get him to three. Sanga isn't in good nick and SL needs to break up the collapsererers. Prasaana is a gun keeper and he scored a good ton in England iirc but overall from what I've seen of him he throws it away too easily and Sri Lanka could do with a bit more batting atm. Randiv gets dropped for a pacer because its Aus and he is dead weight anyway. I don't know what the other spinners are like so maybe they have a gun up their sleeve to play.

Anyway, hope SL smash you Aussie ****s in this series.

aussie tragic

International Captain
My team is already locked in

Warner
Hughes
Khawaja
Watson
Clarke
Hussey
Wade
Johnson
Starc
Siddle
Lyon

But I know Cowan will play ahead of Hughes or Khawaja

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Hasn't Thisara been pretty consistent for SL in all forms for a while? I struggle to see how they can justify Nuwan Pradeep ahead of him.

Would go with this XI, TBH:

Dilshan
Chandimal
Sangakkara
Jayawardene
Samaraweera
Mathews
Jayawardene
Kulasekera
Eranga
Herath
Welegedera/Perera

In doing a quick cricinfo search, it appears my perception of Perera was created by one good innings with the ball and limited overs form. Still better than Pradeep in my book.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Hasn't Thisara been pretty consistent for SL in all forms for a while? I struggle to see how they can justify Nuwan Pradeep ahead of him.

Would go with this XI, TBH:

Dilshan
Chandimal
Sangakkara
Jayawardene
Samaraweera
Mathews
Jayawardene
Kulasekera
Eranga
Herath
Welegedera/Perera

In doing a quick cricinfo search, it appears my perception of Perera was created by one good innings with the ball and limited overs form. Still better than Pradeep in my book.
Thisara Perea done nothing of note in test matches. Nuwan Pradeep has quite a bit of pace, and by reports can touch 150k now. SL will need a bowler who can bowl short sharp spells, to compelemt tight medium pace of Kule, Eranga and Mathews. But the minus point is we don't need both Prasad and Nuwan Pradeep.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Will be interesting to see if Samaraweera can put aside his recent battles with black magic and be a force in this series.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Will be interesting to see if Samaraweera can put aside his recent battles with black magic and be a force in this series.
Samaraweera averaged 50+ in last non-SC tours. There's no reason why he could not repeat the feat

benchmark00

Hmm I dunno, he has fell victim to black magic in the past. I hope you're right, but it's a tough thing to shake.

Spikey

Darren Berry thinks the prince should come in
Darren Lehmann thinks Usman should come in
Shane Warne thinks Quiney should come in

Not predictable at all

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Hughes is in the process of completely re-working his technique, and I'd much rather he did that in domestic cricket than at Test level. We already recalled him once mid-adjustment all it did was confuse the living **** out of him. If he's happy with the changes he's made and confident in taking them in Test cricket already then fair enough but I don't think that's really the case yet. I'm still confident he'll end up a very good Test player but having him bat three or four with a semi-adjusted technique isn't a great idea at this point IMO.

I've said enough about Khawaja's technique on here without going over it again.

I backed Quiney to actually hit some runs in the Tests he played but his poor off stump judgement - which I did mention before his debut - was really exposed.

I almost want to say Burns. I'm a fan. True preference is Cosgrove but it's not going to happen.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good series to Cosgrove a lash, with Greig not commentating this series Ch9 would avoid the backlash from when Tony inevitably made a pun about Cosgrove eating all those tiny little sri-lankans.