• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia 2012/2013

ajdude

International Coach
I'd love a bailey ton, most of his haters would probably think its a century on debut as well so that's cool

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ahhaha did bailey call the run, and then check to make sure there was actually a run there

benchmark00

Khawaja turned like the Titanic. Where's our friend who wanted him in the test team? Not sure we could afford to put him in over Hussey who can actually run between wickets.
Watch Dave Hussey try and play a short ball.

As soon as they referred that run out I knew he was in trouble, he tried to get in with the wrong side of the bat, should always dive with the face because the spine always causes the front half to be elevated.

thierry henry

International Coach
Would there have been an issue there if Bailey was run out after being obstructed? No imo, because his obstruction of Dilshan was the only reason the run was on in the first place, but it might have been a bit of a drama anyway.

Spark

Global Moderator
Would there have been an issue there if Bailey was run out after being obstructed? No imo, because his obstruction of Dilshan was the only reason the run was on in the first place, but it might have been a bit of a drama anyway.
Nah Dilshan was trying to field the ball. Nothing wrong there.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

As soon as they referred that run out I knew he was in trouble, he tried to get in with the wrong side of the bat, should always dive with the face because the spine always causes the front half to be elevated.
I thought that was running 101? Obvz not.

thierry henry

International Coach
Nah Dilshan was trying to field the ball. Nothing wrong there.
...as is the case with pretty much every such scenario ever. It doesn't make it less of an issue if a batsman gets run out because the bowler/fielder got in his way. See: Elliott/Sidebottom/Collingwood/Vettori drama in 2008.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

I meant Mike Hussey. I forget which thread it was being discussed in, but one of the new members reckoned Hussey should've been dropped in 09 and Khawaja should've been given an extended run (along with Hughes).

Spikey

the prince on an one man mission to knock out all the contenders for the number 6 spot.

Burgey

James Brayshaw really knows his cricket. He has quite rightly identified that Australian cricket needs someone who hits the ball "funky" like Maxwell.

Here we were thinking we needed a set of fit bowlers and some ****s who are technically proficient. Nope, what we need is a little funk.