• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia 2012/2013

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Huge blow to selection chances if he won't bowl in Tests. Well, it would be if there was serious competition for batting spots at the moment...

uvelocity

International Coach
its was itstl that after a much heavier bowling workload in hobart due to dead hilf, that come boxing day his bowling duties were not workload managed.

Himannv

International Coach
Not strictly related to this series, but I would never drop Watson if given the choice. I like him as an opener and would probably pick him and Warner to open more often than not. When he's fully fit, I reckon his bowling is pretty good as well.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
The Test series went along fairly predictable lines - although SL were slightly more competitive than expected in Hobart and Sydney (especially without KS) and a fair bit worse than expected in Melbourne.

Don't really understand why SL went in with three pacemen at Sydney considering their respective records. Did they get influenced by the talk pre-match that the SCG wasn't as spin friendly as its reputation made it out to be?

I think for a few years now the SCG pitch is the best cricket wicket in Australia - such a contrast from the dreary ones dished up by Peter Leroy in the 1980s/90s which favoured no one except spin.

Philhughesisbes

School Boy/Girl Captain
WIth such a poor conversion rate ,why is everyone convince Watson is the best man to partner Warner at the top of the order?Cowan will remain at the top of the order,especially so since Hussey has retired.Khawaja selection in the odi squad might be a hint he"ll be the one to replace Hussey.

Himannv

International Coach
WIth such a poor conversion rate ,why is everyone convince Watson is the best man to partner Warner at the top of the order?
I agree that his conversion rate is poor, but he's a much better player than Cowan and his best position is at the top of the order imo. Perhaps my opinion is skewered that way as I don't rate Cowan all that highly.

Philhughesisbes

School Boy/Girl Captain
I agree that his conversion rate is poor, but he's a much better player than Cowan and his best position is at the top of the order imo. Perhaps my opinion is skewered that way as I don't rate Cowan all that highly.
Neither do I rate Cowan.However we need to look at the bigger picture here.Australia"s batting depth is at an all time low.Hussey has now retired and the only real sensible option ia Khawaja (and before you say Maxwell let him dominate for two seasons and establish himself in the odi team first) .All the other batting options are either not quite there yet or too old.Who do you propose will replace Cowan?I remember on most of these boards most persons were calling for Clarke"s head and look at what he has done since.I"m not saying Cowan is in the same ball park as Clarke but let's have more patience. I think he has shown something and I believe he"ll get better.

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
Team for tomorrow's game:

George Bailey (captain) TAS
Xavier Doherty TAS
Aaron Finch VIC
Brad Haddin NSW
Phillip Hughes SA
David Hussey VIC
Mitchell Johnson WA
Usman Khawaja QLD
Glenn Maxwell VIC
Clint McKay VIC
Mitchell Starc NSW

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yep, that's the XI I expected when I saw the 13 named. Still not sure who will partner Finch at the top or the order though - probs Haddin, but I would try Khawaja or Hughes for sure.