• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia 2012/2013

uvelocity

International Coach
with b00nchmark. yeah its risk/reward if you keep the field up you encourage chandy to hit out and may get him, but it should be much easier to just knock over the bunny within a few balls. so you're better of to keep the runs down.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
with b00nchmark. yeah its risk/reward if you keep the field up you encourage chandy to hit out and may get him, but it should be much easier to just knock over the bunny within a few balls. so you're better of to keep the runs down.
I don't even think just trying to get out the number 11 is why they do it. If someone isn't going to take the single in the first 4 balls, why would all your non catches be saving the single? It just seems common sense to me.

uvelocity

International Coach
I don't even think just trying to get out the number 11 is why they do it. If someone isn't going to take the single in the first 4 balls, why would all your non catches be saving the single? It just seems common sense to me.
well the reverse is you encourage the bat to hit over/through the field to get a 2 or 4 and he's more likely to get out. but I don't think more likely than the 11 even given only a ball or two here and there at him if the bowlers do their job