Page 168 of 397 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178218268 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 5941

Thread: ***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia 2012/2013

Cricket Web Staff Member
    I've been to roughly 50 days of Test cricket at the MCG and that the second day of this Test was probably the most boring I've been to. The first session was so ho-hum that I was almost nodding off by the end of it!

Such a disappointing match after 4 tough, hard-fought Tests this summer. That would have to be the worst batting performance in a Test by a side in Australia post-WSC, especially considering on paper it was a very capable one. Probably the West Indies batting performance at the Gabba in 2000/01 would be worse.

Notwithstanding the weak opposition, full marks to Australia for their overall performance. Only concern imo for them this match was how their top order recklessly gave away three wickets when they had it all over SL. If you're not going to take advantage in that situation, you never will.

Really bad signs ahead for SL. As has been mentioned by others, this performance is part of a growing trend and they're a side that's old, soft and in decline - the worst possible combination.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Like the look of Bird; nice, easy-looking action and has the lean but wiry build of a natural athlete.

Does sort of make one wonder if the selectors ever actually watch bowlers before they pick them. If you see (say) half a dozen overs of him and the same of Hastings it's pretty obvious who's the better prospect.

Flagrant softcockery from the Lankans all round too. Mathews's dismissal pretty much summed it up. Given where the match was one has to ask what the feck he was trying to do.

Shyte and spawny innings all the way through tho, tbf.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"as much a news event as an actual footballer, a worthy stop-start centre forward, but an all-time hyper-galactico when it comes to doing funny things with cars and hats, a player whose signing proves once again that the Premier League is still undoubtedly the best in the world when it comes to doing things with cars and hats."
    - Barney Ronay on Mario Balotelli

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by quincywagstaff View Post
    I've been to roughly 50 days of Test cricket at the MCG and that the second day of this Test was probably the most boring I've been to. The first session was so ho-hum that I was almost nodding off by the end of it!

Such a disappointing match after 4 tough, hard-fought Tests this summer. That would have to be the worst batting performance in a Test by a side in Australia post-WSC, especially considering on paper it was a very capable one. Probably the West Indies batting performance at the Gabba in 2000/01 would be worse.

Notwithstanding the weak opposition, full marks to Australia for their overall performance. Only concern imo for them this match was how their top order recklessly gave away three wickets when they had it all over SL. If you're not going to take advantage in that situation, you never will.

Really bad signs ahead for SL. As has been mentioned by others, this performance is part of a growing trend and they're a side that's old, soft and in decline - the worst possible combination.
    Australia's batsmen from Boxing Day 2010 spewing at missing out on the 'worst batting display ever' award.

Cricket Web Staff Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    Australia's batsmen from Boxing Day 2010 spewing at missing out on the 'worst batting display ever' award.
    Fair point, although I was talking about both innings of a Test and Australia's 2nd innings batting performance (still not great by any stretch) gives them the edge over this performance.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Was going to go on Friday but no Sanga means no Burgey I think.

Think I'll be hitting up Stone Cutters Ridge instead.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Yeah, a bunch of us booked tickets for the third day a while ago and I was pumped to see Sanga, Watson and maybe even Usman. Now none of them are playing and getting a full day isn't even guaranteed.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Noted X-Factors Glenn Maxwell and/or Mitchell Johnson will save the day
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

So it sounds as though Watson is finally weighing up whether or not to give up bowling.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    Noted X-Factors Glenn Maxwell and/or Mitchell Johnson will save the day
    Kerry O'Keeffe ‏@kokeeffe49

With so many X factor players in our Test team , Mel B is now the new chief selector.. 11 year old Janis Joplins and boy bands are netting !
    Expand

KOK stealing my stuff. smh

Gotta play Usman now. all of a sudden, we can't afford to waste a spot on an all-round experiment

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    Gotta play Usman now. all of a sudden, we can't afford to waste a spot on an all-round experiment
    You'd hope that they would think that way, but when did Hussey inform the players/management? They might have already known when they outlined their options for Sydney.

I was quite excited to tell them [his family] this morning that I'm not going to go away and play for Australia anymore.
    well you'd think the family would have been told first.

It sounds like a big shock, so it must've been today.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Quote Originally Posted by aussie tragic View Post
    Yep, Maxwell a great allrounder replacement for Watto....1 century from 9 times past fifty and 1.5 wkts per match in FC cricket

Although he has a demanding case for selection with 90 runs @ 22.50 in FC cricket this season
    How has Steve O'Keefe been going this season? Would have thought he's unlucky to not get a gig before Maxwell, especially being a quality spinner of a different type to Lyon.

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    How has Steve O'Keefe been going this season? Would have thought he's unlucky to not get a gig before Maxwell, especially being a quality spinner of a different type to Lyon.
    145 runs @ 24 and 9 wickets @ 34. O'Keefe been pretty average with bat and bowl since he took over the captaincy. Turning into a serviceable state player, not a national prospect.
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

RIP WCC and CW Cricket

Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

Thread Information