• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia 2012/2013

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If Starc plays in the Ashes you just know there's going to be a couple of sessions here and there where he's belted around by KP, Bell and Prior.

benchmark00

Team performance manager Pat Howard used the breakfast to defend Cricket Australia's contentious pace-rotation policy which he said applied only to young bowlers and that senior players Mitchell Johnson and Peter Siddle would continue to be picked on merit. Howard said his England opposite number, Hugh Morris, had told him Australia were only 18 months behind England in their application of sports science programs.

"The rotation policy only really applies to bowlers under 25," Howard said.

"Johnson, Siddle, Ben Hilfenhaus and others like that, we can just let them go because fast bowling is not such a problem for older players.

"They are stronger and less likely to break. But then when you get to bowlers who are over the other side of 30, like Ryan Harris, then you can have problems as well."

Amen. Jeez I hope slats reads that article.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
If Starc plays in the Ashes you just know there's going to be a couple of sessions here and there where he's belted around by KP, Bell and Prior.
Seems to get belted by cack handers a fair bit.

Cook after bedding in for 300 balls may take him apart when he decides to open up in one of the tests.

benchmark00

Well, Johnson is the "other side" of 30 too. And they rested/rotated Siddle & Hifenhaus for Perth - so have I missed something here? I think I probably have.
You have indeed missed something.

Hill and Siddle weren't rotated, they weren't fit enough to play, which has literally been said hundreds of times by Clarke.

Spikey

Amen. Jeez I hope slats reads that article.
the best thing about what slater said is the idea that bowlers should decide if they're about to break down with injury eg rest when they feel pain. HINT: IF a bowler starts feeling back pain, it's too late

benchmark00

And I don't understand your reference about Johnson being older than 30? The matches he has missed has been because he wasn't in the best attack available, not because he's been rotated.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah look Bird has to be in or close to our best attack. Been a class above every other bowler on show. A bit straight at times but offered no width unlike the others

And as I say that Mahela nails one through cover point. Shot

Last edited: